Eclipse (4.4) and other Java applications unusable under El Capitan DP3

Eclipse was working properly under Beta 1 and Beta 2, but seems to be having issues under Beta 3. The splash screen appears, and loading completes, and even shows my workspace. (Complete with projects, last-open tabs and contents, etc.)

However, the GUI thread seems completely stalled - I have the rainbow wheel of death perpetually, and cannot interact with any of the UI.

Update: I updated to Eclipse Mars (4.5) and am experiencing the same issue.

Replies

Same with me, I can't open it. Stuck at start screen.

This seems to be a bug with SWT applications in general.

SWT (https://www.eclipse.org/swt/) is the gui library Eclipse uses which is why Eclipse is broken but it is not exclusive to Eclipse.

I'm on the same boat. Eclipses not working after the latest patch. Please give us an ETA. Thanks.

Is there any way to download DP2 because I have no developer account yet to download this. I'm developing android application with Eclipse for my office.

Now i'm facing with a big trouble after upgrading this public beta.

Just installed El Capitan (15A215h / Public Beta 1) and experiencing the same problem with Eclipse (Mars).

How to install EI Capitan public beta to OS X EI Capitan DP2.

My eclipse can't use still now. I need to use this for my work.

Please help me for this issue!

You can't. The public beta 1 is (nearly) the same as the developer beta 3 and without a developer account, you won't receive the possibility to install the developer beta.

FWIW, I've been, like many others, blocked by this issue. I've not made Eclipse work, but needed a quick workaround to keep compiling and testing.

Switched to SublimeText as a Editor and created a small Makefile quick and dirty that allows me to make my project and deploy it to tomcat.

Feel free to use it:

https://github.com/mnott/javamake

Same issue here.

More information in the eclipse bug tracking:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=472259#c12

hm - not sure it will work for everyone - if you just stepped in directly to 10.11b3, you won't have b2 in your purchases tab. or is there any way to get b1?

I too am having the same issue. I don't have backup in the time machine. Is there anyway I can roll back to 10.10 Yosemite.

My entire work on the Eclipse is getting stalled

Unfortunatelly not. If you don't have any time machine backup, you won't be able to revert back to previous state. Do workspaces backup and reinstall your machine to Yosemite or wait for Apple to deliver newer beta with this issue fixed.

This is exactly my experience. After udating El Capitain Beta, Eclipse refused to start.

The farest point I got was the Workspace selection.

Most times Eclipse (Keppler/Mars) is stuck on the start screen.

I tried to reinstall Java but got the same results.

Then I tried to start from the terminal and get a long list of "candidate function" notes and at last the "Unable to compile kernel" Message.

I've tried to figure out where Eclipse uses openCL and perhaps to disable it but didn't find any easy to set parameter.

Perhaps the native SWT - Part uses openCL.

I'm relativly familiar with the Java portion of SWT but I don't know how the JNI - part is done.

I'm hoping that Apple will release a middle update to fix this: many developers application can't start with latest DP3 😟