xcode 9 beta 6 crashing on High Sierra beta 7

I'm running xcode 9 beta 6 on High Sierra beta 7. When I open it it crashes within several seconds. Anyone else, any fixes? I think this started happening only after it asked to update the xcode server section. I had the server and bots working with beta 4 but they stopped working in beta 5 and now beta 6 appears to crash. I have turned off the server and bots section and removed the bot account, but it is still crashing so possibly that is not related. I'll be in beta 5 unless there is a resolution.

Edit:

Uh oh, xcode beta 5 is crashing too! High Sierra beta 7 is crashing all my xcodes, anyone else with this problem?

Accepted Reply

macOS High Sierra 10.13 beta 8 fixed it for me.

Replies

We are getting blocked here with this issue. Changed to new build system work but the app won't be able to launch. Xcode 8 is still crashed. Any solution guys? This is rellly annoyed as we are racing for the iOS 11 release.

One solution, do never install beta version from now on.

Same problem I have. I cannot understand how Apple release a High Sierra version that does not support XCode!

I tried to launch XCode 9 beta 6 in order to update the workspace settings as you've listed after writing the command on the terminal but in XCode 9 beta 6 it still crashes on launch. Therefore I can't even reach the workspace settings. I tried it with XCode 8.3.3 but some of the settings you've listed doesn't appear under workspace settings so I was able to update just one and it didn't work also. Are there any other options besides downgrading High Sierra or downloading and testing with all previous XCode beta versions?

This is a beta. You should not install any of this as your only system! Until I see stability, I run it on a separate partition.

For Xcode, I keep older release versions and just rename them Xcode7.app and Xcode8.app. I also keep several version of the beta XIPs.

I'm seeing this too!

Even Xcode 8。3.3 is is crashing

Yup.... Happening here too. Xcode 9.0 Beta 6. / Deployment Target 10.3.

I can open projects but as soon as I build, Boom!

August 27 2017

The fix is to copy CoreFoundation.framework from High Sierra beta 6 into beta 7. This is caused by an NSDictionary creating more than 16.000 copies, which triggers an assert that was added in beta 7. This will be fixed in an upcoming beta.

Disclaimer: Haven't gotten my hands yet on a working CoreFoundation.framework yet, so for now it's just disassembly of the new cow-logic and some guessing.

Edit: Can confirm that CoreFoundation.framework from beta 6 did the trick, compiling works great again! DM me on Twitter if you need a copy (@steipete)

And Beta 8 (just out) doesn't fix it either...

- Darren

macOS High Sierra 10.13 beta 8 fixed it for me.

Oops, my bad. The update wasn't showing up in the AppStore, so I downloaded the update from Apple Dev site, and it rebooted and I assumed it had actually installed. A quick check confirmed that it had NOT actually installed (but now was showing up in the AppStore).

An install and I can confirm that Beta 8 does fix the problem!

- Darren

I can confirm that the Beta 8 fixes the crash.

I confirm that High Sierra Beta 8 fixed the same issue for me.