Unable to start Parallels Desktop in 10.13 Beta 4

It looks like there is a change in how security is handled within 10.13 Beta 4. Everytime I try to start Parallels Desktop I am giving the following error:

To run virtual machines, please allow the Parallels components to load on your Mac.

Open the macOS System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General and click "Allow" next to the phrase about "Parallels, Inc.". Then restart Parallels Desktop from the /Applications folder.

First, this error seems old since I think the access requirement is now in the Privacy/Accessibility option, second I have this in there but I can not enable this.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Anyone resolve it?

Replies

I am experiencing the same, not sure where/how this setting is altered

I spoke to Apple support, it is a known issue/bug.

disable SIP for temporary work around. Obviously disabling SIP is not recommended

I'm having the same issue. I contacted Parallels and this is the response I received.

Thank you for contacting Parallels Support.

Based on the conversation, we understand that you are unable to start Parallels Desktop 12 on Mac.

Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac does not officially support High Sierra that has been made available as a beta yet. We are closely working with Apple on providing official support for High Sierra.

We recommend you to wait for an update of Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac that will be available with High Sierra. Subscribe to http://kb.parallels.com/en/123948 to know when a new update is available.

As you mentioned, it was already working fine. We will check our next level team and get back to you.

We appreciate your time and patience.

I'm trying to figure out if I should downgrade or wait for one or both of these development teams to fix the problem. I'm really not sure how long I can wait for the fix...

I finally found an easy solution. Someone in the Parallels forum suggested rolling back to 12.2.0. It worked like a charm.

There is the open radar from Parallels on this issue in Apple bug reporting.

http://www.openradar.me/33577298

Rolling back to 12.2.0 did not work for me.

how to do a clean install of 10.13 beta 4 on parallels 12

bruseanthonyJul 28, 2017 12:11 PM

open control center , under file click new . parllels wizard opens. new virtual machine tick installwindows or other OS from aDVD or image file,tick continue tick locate manually drag files from desktop. to locate files open contents on installer /locate shaired support file ,open copy ,past to desktop Base System dmg & Install EDS 09.46.14 dmg drag both files at the same time to wizard, continue, say yes to create hd .note: tweek hd later recovery option is loaded. select reinstall 10.13 beta 4. good to go .enjoy!

Fixed by Apple in macOS High Sierra Beta 5 (17A330h)