iTunes 12.7

After installing macOS High Sierra Update Build 17A306f itunes 12.7 doesn't recognized any device execpt the Apple T.

Does anybody have the same problem? Tried several ipads and iphones with ios 11 and ios 10 no chance to get any device in iTunes.
Mac recognise the devices like the photos app for example without error.

Replies

This worked for me. You sir/madam, are a genius!

I just created a Dev account just to be able to reply to this and say thank you for your post. It's really bothered me for the last 10 days that I couldn't sync and back up my iPhone; thank you for posting the solution. In my case it was the final re-upgrade of the components that fixed the problem. I remember after the latest beta install that I got a message about a couple of kexts being unsigned and I suspect that some process failed during the beta install.

Your solution fixed it! Thanks again!

I tried these steps 3 times. 2 with disconnects in between as provided and the last time with re-boots in between.

Any assistance would be appreciated as I need to sync my iPhone and iPad for pictures ASAP.

I did a clean install yesterday as well, and ended up with 12.6.2

When I migrated over my old account, I discovered that I can't use 12.6, because the iTunes database written by 12.7 is incompatible.

So, I guess I'm tuneless until 12.7 is re-released.

i really dont know what i've done but since today itunes 12.7.6 recognizes all my devices with ios 11. Nothing was changed. And still macos High Sierra 17A306f

i'm a little bit confused. what site is this? And where did you got the downloads.. ?

first time ever here hi to everyone from barcelona, i am having the same issue and erratic behaviour with itunes 12..7.0.48. one day is ok and the next day is a disaster. i cant uninstall itunes as it seems is protected or something, i cant send the app to the trash and the terminal wont help. any ideas? thanks a lot. pedro.

Well you can still get 12.7. Not through the mac app store anymore. But you can get it here now: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/82806

This finally worked for me. Thanks for the info.

I've tried to download the first package for CoreADI but the link is no good. Is there an alternate download link for that file so I can roll back the packages that you listed?

Much appreciate it.

The 12.7 beta links still seem to work.

The 12.6.1 downgrade links don't because 12.6.2 has since been released. So I replaced them with 12.6.2 downgrade links instead. That should work for now.

The links of the C step are dead - are there new links available?

In any case though, from what I understand the iDevice should appear in iTunes in B step, which did not happen for be after 3-4 attempts - any clues?

Well I can still seem to be able to download the ones in part C.

However if you can't for whatever reason get them then I would advise not proceeding at all with my workaround. It is true that you can get devices mounted up after part B but if you cannot proceed further than that you are going to end up with a mixture of 2 different versions of itunes. That is why part C is important to do even after you get the device mounted in part B.

Same issue for me. I repeated step A and B forth times but my iOS devices still aren't recognized by iTunes.