IOS 10.3 all betas audio phone call not routed to bluetooth. Solved with IOS 10.3.3

With iOS 10.3 a bluetooth issue is present (again) where the audio of phone calls is not routed to the bluetooth device. When setting up a call from the bluetooth device iPhone shows that audio is routed to the iPhone itself in stead of bluetooth device. Microphone and speaker of iPhone are used. Audio of phone calls is routed to bluetooth device only if manually switched from iPhone to bluetooth device

Issue: Music audio is routed correctly but audio of phone calls has to be switched always manually to the bluetooth device in a BMW with infotainment version MN/TN 003.013.001

Tried but doesn't fix:

• Change setting "Call Audio Routing" from automatically to Bluetooth
  • Restart the iPhone
  • Forget and repair the devices .
  • Reset Network Settings

Problem was not present with IOS 10.2 and 10.2.1

All 10.3 betas

• problem was introduced with IOS 10.3 beta 1
  • Update: problem still exists with IOS 10.3 beta 2
  • Update: problem still exists with IOS 10.3 beta 3
  • Update: problem still exists with IOS 10.3 beta 4
  • Update: problem still exists with IOS 10.3 beta 5
  • Update: problem still exists with IOS 10.3 beta 6
  • Update: problem still exists with IOS 10.3 beta 7
  • Update: problem still exists with IOS 10.3.1
  • Update: problem still exists with IOS 10.3.2

Beta 10.3.3

Update: problem is solved with IOS 10.3.3 beta 1

With every new release of IOS bluetooth issues are a recurring issue. It seems there is a major issue with the bluetooth libraries Apple is using during development. 😕

A special note to the Apple Bluetooth team:

I don't know what the Apple Bluetooth team has fixed regarding Bluetooth with IOS 10.3.3 beta 1 but please keep your utmost focus on future IOS releases since handsfree calling is a safety feature and should never be compromised.

Replies

Using iPhone 6s iOS 10.3.2 paired with a new Honda infotainment system by Bluetooth.....I also share my frustrations when trying to use hands free in the car. The specific activity that irks me is that now I no longer have the ringback automatically routed to my car's Bluetooth. During outgoing calls it is dead silence until someone picks up and starts talking. Even though my iPhone has the Bluetooth checked off as the audio output, the call ringing is unheard through the phone, Bluetooth, as well as the phone speaker. Toggling the checkmark back and forth to the Bluetooth option sends the ringback to my car's Bluetooth, but this is only a workaround that has to be manually done each time. This is not safe and is completely unacceptable. Why has the Bluetooth performance degraded with versions after 10.2.1? Shouldn't this improve with later releases? Overall, do you believe the official 10.3.3 will resolve these call audio routing issues?

I have the same problem with my BMW F11. Music via Bluetooth is ok but incoming calls are not routed to car handsfree.

iPhone 6 (10.3.2)

BMW MN/TN-003.013.001

I had the issue with some differents: incoming even outgoing calls was routed to car audio randomly, but in about 5% of calls, rest of the calls was routed to phone or nowhere. Now I will go to try new 10.3.3 version and write here.

I tested reseting network settings and update 10.3.3, but still the same problem. Calls are routed to iPhone and then I have to switch manually to BMW

I am confused and fed up. I have no idea.

Anyone has?

Unfortunately the issue isn't solved with 10.3.3. My iphone 6 still has issues with my bmw 320 (f31): incomming calls do not connect and when I make a call, the iphone rerouts to itself. Only when I switch manually to the car during the call, the connection is established. Very anoying and not save while driving. I do hope the Apple developpers do fix this in short notice otherwise i have to buy an android

I'm continuing to encounter this issue in iOS11 Beta 4....... in my F30

I updated to 10.3.3 and the Bluetooth performance(while in my car) is still poor. During phone calls I am still not getting the ringback routed to my car audio Bluetooth setting. Also, text messages are often not routed to my car's display while I'm commuting. They'll pop up on my phone but show "no entries" on my audio display. Is Apple choosing to run low quality in their Bluetooth protocols? Why do we now have to constantly unpair and repair devices and then soft reboot our phones several times along with our car audio units? I don't remember this nonsense prior to iOS 10! Sadly I'm thinking iOS 11 will come up short on these Bluetooth issues.