Unable to Install <App Name>

Trying to build our app with the new XCode 9.0 Beta 2 for iOS 11 devices, attempting to install on both real device and Simulator.

When the app attempts to be launched, XCode throws an error saying "This app was unable to be installed" , and on the device / simulator, the application is there, but greyed out. And when you click on it, the device throws an error saying "Unable to Install <App Name>" "This app could not be installed".

Our app does support 64 bit, and Build Target is iOS 9.0.

Replies

try chmod -R u+w /path/to/your/project .. may have some read only files in there. unnistall the greyed out app and try again

I am having this issue as well (I have also not been able to install one of my apps directly to any device error: "App installation failed - Could not write to the device" or "App installation failed - internal API error"). Unfortunately the chmod command did not fix this issue for me, even when combined with cleaning the project, the build folder, deleting derived data and deleting the greyed out app from the home screen.

While trying to install to the device, the following error was displayed in the device console as a first indication that something went wrong:

Jul  4 17:03:56 iPhone installd(MobileSystemServices)[8901] <Notice>: 0x17df03000 MIMachOFileMatchesMyArchitecture: 97: can't open input file /private/var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.Kgrayy/extracted/MyApp.app/PlugIns/MyAppVisualCodeIntentsExtensionUI.appex/MyAppVisualCodeIntentsExtensionUI: No such file or directory (NSPOSIXErrorDomain:2 (null))
Jul  4 17:03:56 iPhone installd(MobileSystemServices)[8901] <Notice>: 0x17df03000 -[MIInstaller performInstallationWithError:]: Verification stage failed

Just had the same issue come up. I've had the Xcode B9 for weeks and it's been fine. Now this project has started refusing to install.

I've reset the simulator, done the chmod thing, clear derived data, etc. Nothing has fixed the problem.

Any other ideas?

Not sure if it will help. I received the same error message and then I was able to fix this by updating the CocoaPods in my project.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I've had the same problem -- installation seems to fail when it's looking for an executable in the app extension that's not there. Runs fine in the Simulator, though. 😕

I have the same issue. Did you find any solutions? If you find, please share
thanks!