Can no longer pair Apple Watch with iPhone (watchOS 4)

This morning both my apple watch and iphone were updated to ios 11 and watchos 4. While performance on the iphone was good, the same could not be said for the Apple Watch. So here is the deal: I preceded to unpair my and reset my apple watch. So after minutes of apple logo and loading circles, I get greeted with a screen which tells me to "Bring iPhone near Apple Watch". (This must be a new pairing feature similar to Airpods/Beats X) I followed all the instructions however my Apple Watch could not pair to my iPhone. Apple support told be to restore my iPhone to the latest iOS 10 version which I have meanwhile done. Now however I don't even get the chance to try and pair my apple watch. Not much I can do on the watch as it remains on the screen which tells me "Bring iPhone near Apple Watch".

I was wodnering whether I should update my iPhone to iOS 11 and try the pairing again, or is there any other solution? Has anyone else come across this issue? Every bit of info helps.

Replies

Any update on how to fix ? All ideas suggested in this forum did not work for me .

That's a good idea.. Haven't tried this yet. I had a hardware issue and am now using a different iPhone 7+ and I'm seeing three different restore options when I try to pair my Apple Watch to the New iPhone, but I'm not seeing a Backup of the Apple Watch on watchOS 4, just the latest release of 3, which I'd think should still technically work, but doesn't. I tried setting it up as new, too, but that just fails and says to try again. I've seen others post that you just have to keep trying lol but that hasn't worked for me... I did make sure that the proper Dev Profiles are installed, and I am running iOS 11 b2, too. I guess I'll keep trying? Haven't tried rebooting the watch yet, though.

Watch pairing issue is resolved in iOS 11 beta 3 😀 .

PS: If you are not able to pair, try repairing it / restart your watch

Yes it worked. Just disable the iMessage and it went with no problem. Thanks man.

Can't pair my watch to my iPhone anymore either. Watch OS 4 b3 and iOS11 b3.

Tried removing the device from iCloud, switched off iMessage, correct dev profiles installed. Tried manual and automatic pairing.

Bug report filed with sysdiagnose log attached.

Crossing my fingers for a swift fix as I miss using my watch already.

Hi Nick,

Submitted a bug report (rdar://33416223) today with configurations, screenshots, steps to reproduce and sysdiagnose. Hope this helps get the issue resolved soon! Wasn't exactly sure where to file it (whether iOS + SDK or watchOS + SDK or as a hardware issue), so I ended up classifying as watchOS + SDK.

Can you explain bit more on this ? :/ iPhone: iOS 11 Beta 2 & WatchOS 4 beta 1 :/ Bluetooth keeps blinking and hanged

I am having this issue too. Unable to pair. I’m using watchos 4 beta 3 and iOS 11 beta 3. I unpaired the watch from the watch app in the iPhone 7 because the Bluetooth headset was not playing nice. I had two of the same Bluetooth headsets in settings and wouldn’t play to either. When I re-pair it, I can progress past the initial language screen on the watch and the connecting screen the iPhone app, then I choose wrist side and the app continues to the “activating” screen and the watch face says “setting language “ then it fails back to the pair screen. I have tried about 20 times now. I tried pairing with an iPhone 6 iOS 11 beta 3 and exact same issue so it must be the watch. I’ve tried the suggestion to turn off iMessage and iCloud all together, still nothing. I have restarted the watch and the iPhone. Reset network settings on iPhone. Erased all contents and setting on the iPhone. Tried a different language on the watch. Nothing worked. Seams like an issue with the watch so I am pretty stuck since I cannot upload a new firmware or erase the watch without a way to plug it into the Mac. Does it sound like I will have to send it into Apple?

I kept trying and it worked. I kept trying to force press the screen and reset to factory settings. I was out walking and on 4G connection. I just worked and didn’t need to play with the language settings. I can’t explain it. Must have been force resetting it several times and closing the app on the phone or a combination of all those things in the right sequence and a little help from the serenity prayer. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change ...

Force touching the screen and resetting the watch definitely worked for me.

I was having all the same issues described by others.

I'm having this same problem. Cannot pair my iPhone running latest iOS 11 Beta to the watchOS watch.

Same issue. When I try to set up the watch it just freezes. I’ve tried force touching the screen to rest pairing process but it hasn’t worked. (WatchOS 4 & iOS 11 beta 5)

My iPhone is running iOS 11 beta 4 with 5 trying to download. But my Apple Watch is on watchOS 3. They won’t pair since I updated to ios11 and so I can’t update my watch to watchOS 4. Which means I’m stuck right? Help please

I have the same problem!! Did you solve it?

I was wondering what the experience was with an iPhone with beta 12 and a Watch with beta 4?