Xcode for iPad Pro

I am curious Apple is pushing iPad Pro to Enterprise. Are they planning to make xcode available on iPad Pro?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of smliaquat Down vote post of smliaquat
140k views

Replies

Visual Studio for Mac is based on Xamarin, right?

Dear Apple, It is time. Sincerely, Your loyal dev community.

Give it up - it's time.

The only reason I am not investing in an iPad pro is because it does not run Xcode. Since I am not an artist and I am not interested in playing games, I cannot justify spending $700+ on a device that I can use to surf the web or watch netflix on. When Xcode comes to iPad, I will too.

As a workaround and not a solution there are a couple options I've looked into but haven't tried yet:

Screens

TeamViewer

Clearly not a solution but could help the on-the-go dev prior to some kind of "XcodeLite"

Parallels is another option...

Agreed; I want XCode and - more importantly to me - the ability to run a proper Node engine for development on an iPad pro. It's really the only thing keeping me from getting one; I can't use it for proper development. Saving text files to a Dropbox account, and doing a bunch of server side chicanery to get the ability to edit code on an iPad is NOT the same experience and is, to me, completely useless.

I love my MacBook Pro and iMac, but I don't need all this if the iPad Pro - even a super beefy one at high cost - can do what I need.

Apple....? You hearing us?

Fully agreed.

I also agree. I'm leaning towards buying an iPP and XCode for iPad would make the decision really easy.

Considering that Swift Playgrounds on iPad is what made me download XCode for Mac in the first place...

I could imagine that file management is a hurdle that yet needs to be taken.

Maybe when the first quirks have been ironed out of the new Files app for iOS, XCode will follow?

I also expect Xcode for iPad Pro

Be sure to add your bug report number to your comment for reference when you make that tools request.

With the addition of a file system to iOS 11, how far behind can Xcode be? Will it happen now?

There does seriously need to be a push for XCode for iPad Pro. I have a macbook but don’t always want to be lugging that about. Come on Apple listen to the devs and sort this out.

this is what I do:

keep my mbp hooked up at home with teamviewer running.

i take my LTE iPad Pro with teamviewer anywhere and can run XCode, visual studio, or adobe premiere, pro tools, etc...

not not all features on every app translate but this saves me a lot of time and unplugging.

Now that photoshop is here,xcode is probably not far away.