"The installer information on the recovery server is damaged"

Hi all

Excited to install High Sierra Beta and get testing with VR on a mac 🙂
Unfortunately, it's not installing. When i launch the installer I get this error: "The installer information on the recovery server is damaged"

Anyone got any ideas of how to fix?

Also noticed sound drivers for on board MBP 2015 aren't working. Recognises Apple TV but not onboard speakers :/

Computer specs:

Replies

Same issue here. I believe this has to do with problems with Apple servers, since I'm assuming that the "recovery server" by nature has to live somewhere out there as a recovery source for your (and my) Mac.

I suspect this will probably get cleared up within a day.

You have to download and install the Beta Access Utility first:

Download the macOS Public Beta Access Utility

I can't be sure, but I have a feeling this has to do with enrolling your Mac correctly, first.

I'd simply clicked on the "View the macOS public beta in the Mac App Store" link on the beta.apple.com page, which took me the App Store on my Mac, and from there I'd simply clicked the Download button - which downloaded the initial part of the installer on my machine. But soon after hitting "Continue" on the installer, it threw up the error you're talking about.

I went back to the beta.apple.com web page and enrolled my Mac properly (by downloading and installing the macOS Public Beta Access Utility properly.

Once done, I tried the download again from the Mac App Store (after deleting the intial Installer file in my Launchpad), and voila, the download seems to have begun happening properly.

Suggest you both try that - hopefully, it'll do the trick for you too!

Best of luck!

Downloaded the file on mates MBP 2016, used USB to transfer installer and it worked...

Only problem now is Steam VR does not work.. In fact, have not been able to get ANY VR experiences work. Lol

Had the same problem, downloading the macOS Public Beta Access Utilit fixed the problem. Thank you!

Had the same error when installing High Sierra PB, Googled it, 1st result was this thread, and your reply fixed it... thanks!!! Gotta love the internet.

restart your computer and press Option+ cmd+R+P for 10 seconds. Then restart again and press Cmd + R and continue re installing iOS
  • Was having issue installing Monterey on Big Sur on MBP. FileVault crap. Best option to delete and clean install. After back up,

CMD + R Erase - APFS done No Issues!

RESTART Empty folder

RESTART CMD + R Network Connection Enter Password Choose Re-Install OS Option for Sierra only Install...... ....... ....... "the installed image on recovery server is damaged"

DAAAAMMMMMNNN IT!

Retry

RESTART Empty folder

RESTART CMD + R Network Connection Enter Password Choose Re-Install OS Option for Sierra only Install...... ....... ....... "the installed image on recovery server is damaged"

WHAT THE %&$%^&#&^(&^(^&)(^^^$##$%@%$()*

Research........Retry with one minor change! CMD + R Erase - Extended Journalled done No Issues!

RESTART Empty folder

TIME OUT! DRINK!

BACK, STRETCH, WAR SONG

REPEAT But first I log into Apple Account with different machine same location. (read some where in a forum it may be an authentication issue)

RESTART CMD + R Network Connection Enter Password Choose Re-Install OS Options automatically for Monterey Install..... smoooooth installation. No issues, Im in 2022.

Not sure what exactly. Was it extended journaled? Apple servers updating? Log in authentication? Or bad *** war song?

Add a Comment