Cannot Sign in to Application Loader

Hi, I have fianlly finished developing our AIR app, and we're trying to submit the IPA file to Testflight (and eventually the store) via Application Loader.

For some infuriating reason, I keep getting the error: "Your Apple ID or password was entered incorrectly" even though I am 100% certain that my credentials are correct.

After resetting my password, the problem persists.

I then tried signing in with my colleague's Apple ID, and it is fine, BUT as soon as we add that colleague to the iTunes Connect account and Apple Developer team, the password fails again!

This is very strange, and as silly as it sounds, I think it is something to do with the team member or role permissions that is affecting the sign-in process, can anyone please help? We're so close to releasing the app!!!

UPDATE:

After trying to log in with Application loader on another developer's machine running the latest Mac OS, we're getting a different error message: "Your Apple ID account is also attached to other iTunes providers." Sounds like the adding/removing of roles and team memberships could be the cause of this issue? Argh! Am I doing something wrong?

Replies

Which version AL?

I'm seeing the same "Please sign in with an app-specific password" error on Application Loader 3.5.

Does application loader not work if your account uses 2FA or somesuch...?

Simple de-activate double factor autentication your Apple ID. This double factor autentication is very problematic for many Apple Apps.

Not at all.

Thank you so much! I had the exact same problem and it worked as soon as I disabled it.

Hello,

Application Loader doesn't work when you have two-step verification or two-factor authentication activated. So you should create an app-specific password and use it instead of your usual Apple Store password. No need for double factor authentication deactivation.

More information here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204397

Hope it helps.

Still present in Application Loader 3.6. Radar filed, because this is really pretty dumb. Apple's support document specifically says that app passwords are for third-party apps, and in the AppleID site it says "Use an app-specific password to sign in to an app or service not provided by Apple". To me, that entails that Apple apps will not need such tomfoolery.

This work for me, open Application Loader from Xcode, thats really works

I'm having the same issues. With 2-factor authentication turned on, the app-specific passwords do not work to log into the Application Loader. With 2-factor authentication turned off, my normal Apple ID password doesn't work to log into the Application Loader. I'm using the latest version of XCode 9.3.

After downloading the latest version of XCode 10.0 (10A255) - I can no longer log into Application Loader - hence I can no longer upload applications to TestFlight. Apple support told me the re-install XCode :-( Did that so now they wanted my system details which I've provided several times. No wonder developers are flocking over to Android, this is madness. Oh and the best part of this is they've suggested that I go to appleid.apple.com and change my two-factor authentication setting. Guess what, you can't do that now!

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

If Xcode's Application Loader requests an app-specific password, you can leave 2FA on and simply create the "App-Specific" password.

Steps

1. Log in to https://appleid.apple.com and enter your 2FA code.
  2. Then in the Security section on the bottom right area, you'll see:
    APP-SPECIFIC PASSWORDS
    Generate Password...
  3. Click the link to create an app-specific password.
  4. Type in a name for whatever application you are using. Ex. Xcode Application Loader.
  5. Copy the app-specific password.
  6. Enter the password into the Application Loader.

You do not need to get factor authentication code to open Xcode , when you launch your Xcode just clic on the top ‘file’ and open new project

Just launch your Xcode and clic on file at the top , after clic on new project to start

it works!

thanks so much

Studio Envisys Ingegneria Ambientale