Cannot get watch OS4 beta 2 to show up

Beta 2 is released. Have the profile and even reinstalled it. But my phone just hangs and says can’t communicate with the watch. Never sees an update.

Replies

Still seeing the same here, cannot connect to watch so cannot update

Nick. Still seeing this issue today and just wondered if there were any suggested/recommended steps at this time from those of us who can't get beyong the Cannot Connect To Watch timeout ? Although I've re-installed before I am thinking of re-installing the profiles again but when it gets into this kind of situation the watch won't even let you look at profiles installed on it.

All,

We're sincerely sorry to hear you are having issues downloading watchOS 4 Beta 2. If you still have not been able to successfully download this update, please capture a sysdiagnose from both iPhone and Apple Watch, and file a bugreport so we can help.

Thanks!

Erik

@uchida @ebr0**

Nick / Erik

Quick update on what I'm seeing. I didn't re-install the profiles again thisbut all of a sudden saw the update available in the past hour. Not sure if this was something server side ? The download took ages for what was only 213mb approx. That completed after about 30-40 minutes and now the phone has been sitting at the 'Preparing' step for 20 or so minutes and counting without any progress bar movement. Not sure if others are seeing similar and if this is to be expected based on the issues reported in the bug or not.

This finally updated after a LONG time, at least 3 hours from finally seeing the update to completing. The conern that remains is when I go back to Software Update it still times out with the Cannot Connect To Apple Watch even after the fact. I will update the bug as well with this.

Erik, apologies for the double post, just wanted to make sure you saw this update.

This finally updated after a LONG time, at least 3 hours from finally seeing the update to completing. The concern that remains is when I go back to Software Update it still times out with the Cannot Connect To Apple Watch even after the upgrade. I will update the bug as well with this.

Cant explain it, but last night after having the same issues as you are reporting, my phone showed the update and updated. The process was extremely long, ie. over 2hrs. I have a series 0, so that may explain the time it took.

Further sysdiagnose uploaded to the bug taken after the upgrade completed that hopefully a) captures the processes in play while upgrading and b) shows the remaining Cannot Connect To Apple Watch after the upgrade finally completed. Thanks

I was able to see the update after the battery was 100 percent charged. I think the Apple watch needs more power to push the updates. I am assuming.

Thanks for your continued help, Wildcat_1!

One more request (hopefully!) - can you gather a sysdiagnose from your Watch after you reproduce "Cannot connect to Apple Watch" in Software Update. It's a bit more complicated process outlined here: http://adcdownload.apple.com/iOS/watchOS_Logs/sysdiagnose_Logging_Instructions.pdf

Thanks again,

-nick

Actually - even if you can't reproduce the "Cannot connect" the sysdiagnose from the Watch might be helpful. There's likely to be historical logs that could show something interesting. If you recall the last approximate date/time you saw "Cannot connect" that would be great, too.

Thanks!

-nick

It’s been 4 days no updates

Here is my report number 100230051898 it’s been 4 days