Is it possible to uninstall watchOS 4 beta and reset it back to watchOS 3?

watchOS 4 is draining my battery so quickly that my watch is almost unusable during the day. I would like to reset my watch back to OS 3 if possible. I'm finding information online from last year stating that only Apple can reset the watch and that you have to send it in. Has that changed this year?...because I'm not really keen on doing that.

Accepted Reply

Hey Marky. Unfortunately you cannot revert back to watchOS 3. Only Apple can do that. So you will have to send it in.

By the way, did you try to un-pair and re-pair your Apple Watch? Or just erase all content and restore it as new. My battery life is not bad on watchOS4. Give it it try instead of sending it in for repair. It might take 3-4 days.

Good luck.

Replies

Hey Marky. Unfortunately you cannot revert back to watchOS 3. Only Apple can do that. So you will have to send it in.

By the way, did you try to un-pair and re-pair your Apple Watch? Or just erase all content and restore it as new. My battery life is not bad on watchOS4. Give it it try instead of sending it in for repair. It might take 3-4 days.

Good luck.

I will give those a shot first, thanks.

Un-pairing and re-pairing my watch with my phone appears to have solved the problem. My battery life is strong again. Thanks!

I'm currently having an issue pairing my watch and was looking at the following Thread:

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/78789

Noticed this page and a few other threads pointing out that after re-pairing the watch, people are reporting much better battery life. I've been struggling to get halfway through the day on a full charge...

Hi everyone, I was experiencing the same issue with iOS 11 beta 5. I was able to connect to the apple Watch, but the pairing stuck while registering the watch to my account. I tried deactivating iMessage and resetting my apple Watch over and over. It didn‘t work. But then I removed the apple Watch from my registered devices while the pairing was running. And then it worked. I hope this will help you too.