Can't update or reinstall TestFlight apps

I have one app on TestFlight (Waze). When I tried to update it via TestFligth, the download changes to the circle, but never starts. Clicking the circle never stops it.

From that point on, trying to update from the app store does exactly the same.

I've removed the app and tried again. TestFlight still shows the circle and nothing happens. App store switches from the cloud to the circle, for two seconds, and goes back to the cloud.

I've restarted the device, reinstalled testflight, logged out and back in from the store, with all combinations possible. No way to reinstall the app.

Looking at the console there are too many garbage. Searching for testflight or waze shows nothing significant.

No idea how to solve or even how to provide further feedback on this.

How's your experience with TestFlight beta apps?

Replies

My testflight apps are installable, updateable and runnable.

I have this too with AdHoc-Installation. (Bug reported). A Workaround for me: With iExplorer on the Mac, i navigate to /Media/Downloads/ on the iPhone and delete all files. After that make a reboot und try again the installation of the App. For next install you must again delete file(s) in /Media/Downloads and reboot.

Thanks. That worked for me 🙂

I have the same issue, did you find any solution besides deleting the files with iExplorer (which I have not tried so far)?

No. i have tested many options. Only delete the file in /Media/Downloads and reboot works one time. When you want install another app or test a newer build of your app, you must delete and reboot again. Bug is reported, so lets hope, that is fixed in coming Beta (today?)

Actually, I was able to update the apps when I searched for them specifically in the AppStore and pressed update there

Now with Beta 2 i can tap on a link to an Ad-Hoc-File (over the air) and the update starts. But when i open the app, it's still the old Version.

Edit: my failure. everything is working now. i can install/update apps via testflight and/or via ADHoc (over the air).

Seeing the same issue still in iOS 10 B2 with 1 app that shows the progress circle but never completes. If you tap stop it greys out but then won't restart. Reinstalled the regular App Store version of the app I'm testing for now but cannot get the TestFlight version back on. The iPad version of the app I am testing updates without issue in TF only the iPhone seems to have this isue with TF app install corruption. Bug filed to see if we can get this one solved.

This solved my issue. Thank you.

This bug is fixed in Beta 2. No need to delete files :-)

Also fixed my problem (deleting Media/Downloads contents). Thanks!

OMG You saved my life! Thanks