Split View iOS11 Beta 1 ?

Has anyone been able to activate split view and try the new drag and drop feature in iOs 11 beta 1?

I am on iPad Air 2.

Thanks!

Replies

I am on iPad Pro 9.7. There it is working fine.

I found out how to do it, if you drag and drop an app from the dock while another app is open, it will open in a floating window. If you drag the top part of that floating window down and both apps support split screen, they will be shown in side to side view.

It's a little flakey, in that the app you want to use in Split View MUST be in the dock.

This leads to odd app dances, like you're in Safari and also you want to use Notes, but Notes isn't in the dock. You have to go Home, find and launch Notes, bring up the Control Center, and then drag the Notes icon (which should now appear in the Dock) on top of Safari.... which relaunches and lets you postion Notes to the side for Split View.

The end result is that instead of your Dock being your most used apps it now pretty much wants to be reconfigured to be your most used "accessory" apps, since those are the only ones you can launch into Split View.

Split view on the iPad Pro 12.9’ model isnt working for me, at least by means of dragging from the right like in iOS 10. It works fine from the dock like has been said above, but slide from the right isn’t working which would have usually brought up all available apps rather than those recently used or already open. I do believe this feature is meant to be working as per Setting / general / multitasking suggesting so

ddid you find a solution here?

what do you mean “it works from the dock?”

"it works from the dock"

This means if you have say, Safari open and you want to split view with Mail, if Mail is in the dock you simply drag it from the dock onto the screen and you can adjust it to split view.

If Mail wasn't in your dock you'll have to go through a few more steps to get Mail to appear in the recently used (right) side of the dock, and then proceed as normal from there.

So if there are apps that you regularly use in split view, make sure they are both in the dock to make life easier for you.