beta iOS 10.3 battery drain

Hello everyone!

I have an iPhone 7 128gb and I often run iOS betas on it. With the iOS 10.3 beta I have experienced extreme battery drain: the phone didn't last half a day while only occasionally using 3G for messages and listening to music.

I have this issue since two weeks now, currently having beta 7 of iOS 10.3 and it didn't solve the problem. I just can't believe it's the internal battery damage, because the phone is brand new (2-3 months) and I haven't had this issue before. I have deleted the entire data and set up the iPhone as a new one, but it didn't help either.

Does anyone else face the same issue? Can the reason for battery drain be beta at all?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Max

Replies

Turn off bluetooth and see if the drain issue persists

The 6s was having a problem. The iPhone 6s had a battery problem you can check out your phone at a website apple created so that you can see if your iPhone 6s is available for battery replacement : https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/

Check it out. Good luck!!

I am noticing a significant amounts of battery drain on my iPhone 7 running the last few 10.3.3 betas.

Without using the phone at all, there is very noticable power consumption throughout the day. The built in tracker shows that very few apps had any real activity. So it's a good guess this is some kind of system activity. Often the phone feels warm to the touch.

Plugging the phone into XCode and looking at the console shows a huge amount of continuous activity even when locked. And I am guessing it's this activity which explains the power usage.

Far as I can tell the main culprits are cloudd and identityservicesd. Which are constantly talking on the network, either over wifi or on the cellular radios.

I don't have enough knowledge to make sense of the logs, but my best guess is that the system is trying to synchronise the device with iCloud drive, and that is never properly resolving, resulting in a continuous loop of syncing actions.

Might be useful if we can establish if someone else with battery issues is seeing the same thing.

I have this problem as well on my IPhone 6s

My iPhone 6s does the same thing. It takes forever for it to charge and if I touch the phone it will make a ding sound, the screen flashes and it will decrease the battery 1%. This is all while it is plugged in. The phone is only a year old. I end up having to charge it at least twice a day and I'm not making calls just on FB a lot for my volunteer work.