iOS 11 Battery Life

I just noticed that the beta is hammering my battery on my 7 plus. I started about 4 hours ago with a full charged battery. Normal day to day functions dropped me to 40% in about 3 hours. Definitly more taxing than IOS10 at this point. It is something that they will need to address fairly soon I imagine.

Replies

I am having the rapid battery drain as well as phone heating up also. iOS 11 (15A5278f).

I there. I also had this battery drain problem on my 5s and i saw that "messages in iCloud" in settings was always trying to refresh and didn't stop. I removed the automatically save messages and for now the battery drain stoped. Hope it helps you guys. Report your results please

EDIT: After stoping this process it starts again after a few minutes but when it is off the battery drain stops. How to kill this task permanently?

Wait for a couple more beta releases. This is typical of all first betas. ALL of them.

The battery drains much faster you are right but its because always ios's first beta is still having bugs and problems such as battery drain

The battery drains faster but it's due to the Beta. I hope in the next release the problem should be fixed.

My particular battery issue comes and goes. It actually drains so fast that a USB 2.0 charger is unable to keep up with it (so the percentage still falls slowly even while plugged in.)

It appears to be something that "happens" to the phone instead of something that happens all the time. I noticed it was happening this morning on beta 2, and rebooted the phone. It has now lost 2% in the past three hours. Previously it would have lost 30% just sitting there.

I've had my Series 2 watch with watchOS 4 on for 7 hours and I've dropped to 97% doing the same...checking time, usual meeting reminders, etc.

My iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 11 Beta 2 has been in use the same amount of time, using it for occasional text messages, checking email when away from laptop, etc. and I'm down to 82% battery.

Not sure what the differences in our devices are, but from my perspective the betas are solid and minimal impact to battery life. Submit bug reports and logs so they can trace down what the differences are and tackle those issues in later builds.

Any one having lag issue you can try ios 11 beta 2 , after installing ios 11 beta 2 , i feel lag free . Animation so smooth . Im very happy right now

My experience also. Invested in a couple of nice Ankor (new versions that charge your phone REAL fast) batteries....should be an essential in any beta testers toolbox!!! AppleCeeds

beta 2 on iPad Pro 10.5 is giving better battery life as far as I can tell.

beta 1 was pretty bad.

I found a lot of apps I did not need background refresh enabled and turned them off and wow - can already see a difference - I could watch the counter change before on the battery level and now it's just holding stady. Check it out...

Phone battery has dropped 20% in less than two hours of standby and 1 hour 17 minutes usage. Just installed either of betas for first time today, so think it is indexing issue or beta issue?

Same problem here with battery drain in an iPhone 7 Plus. I noticed that the App that I was running in Debug mode would not properly close. So, there may be a problem with other applications not closing, which would account for the battery drain issue.

Yep, battery has dropped 50% or more of normal usage. And also doesn’t charge as fast on my car charger anymore. I’m constantly leaving my Phone in battery saving mode just to get through the day.... please make this a big issue to fix Apple and fast. Killing me

Installed the iOS 11 beta update last night. Left on charge over night. Have been out of the house since 1pm, using phone normally (which is pretty much 90% of the time), battery has only dropped to 92% and it is now 7pm. That’s 6 hours of moderate use and barely any drop I battery life. Not sure what settings I have my phone on but it seems to be saving the battery life.