iOS 11 Battery Life

I just noticed that the beta is hammering my battery on my 7 plus. I started about 4 hours ago with a full charged battery. Normal day to day functions dropped me to 40% in about 3 hours. Definitly more taxing than IOS10 at this point. It is something that they will need to address fairly soon I imagine.

Replies

I have plugged in my iPhone 7 2 times today. Very taxing on the battery. Any ideas on what settings to use? My watch won’t last long enough to complete the rings without recharging with the new update.

Thanks. I’ll check this out.

I noticed that Messages in iCould is running continuously with no progress.

I turned off Background App Refresh, this seemed to help for now.

Okay I'll try that but I did a set up as new so we'll see how it goes.

IOS 10 Beta 2 Public kills battery life

iOS 9 Beta battery life

iOS 8 Beta battery life

iOS 7 Beta battery life

iOS 6 Beta battery life

iOS 5 Beta battery life

...see a trend?

Thanks to all for helping test, but if borked battery management crimps your roll you should avoid betas like a mule that won't wake up, at least the early ones. There is nothing to be 'fixed' when power management is disabled as part of the process.

i agree with KMT. Even some of the public betas of iOS 10 killed batteries. It is rough on iOS 11, but not a surprise. My iPad Pro 9.7 usually gets 12 to 15 hours of moderate use before Needing a charge, about 4 to 6 with beta 11. Also, trying to keep in mind that I’m using the iPad more, playing with the new features.

I Like it so far. 🙂

From my experience, my photos app has been doing heavy background processing, I think it’s re scanning faces or converting video formats, low power mode or disabling background activity of the photos app fixes it.

I am using IOS 11 on my iPad Pro 9.7. On IOS 10 I was getting 2 days of use between charges. So far on the preview 11, it seems about the same. I am using it to play internet radio, games, and videos.

I am also facing the same issue. Battery life has been dropped for mu iPhone 6S

i’m seeing the same bad battery life on mt iPhone 6s, my iPad Pro 9.7, and my Apple Watch 2. Battery depletion is at about twice the rate as IOS 10.3. Example: I can wear my watch all day without the battery dropping below 85%. Today, I,ve worn the watch for 6 hours, doing nothing except checking the time and I’m at 59%. My phone drpped from 100% to about 50% without taking it from my pocket. Gotta do better than this.

>Gotta do better than this.

It's a beta - be happy it works at all 😉

Im using 6s plus right now . And with ios 10 , ussualy i just see 100% down to 90% around 1 hour untill 1hour 30 minutes . But with ios 11, only 50 minutes . So i feel my phone battery drain . Hmm hope it will be fix by apple

I was down to 40% by 11 AM, ... as expected. I knew I'd be tethered to a power cord for the duration of at least this first beta.

What I wasn't expecting (but am not surprised, or upset) is that when using CarPlay, it's not quite enough juice to keep ahead of the discharge. On the other hand, the new speed limit signs in Apple Maps (must have an active route) on the car stereo screen is worth every electron.

I have an iphone 5s. it runs 2 minutes at max while it has been on the charger all night. i ruined my ipad mini 2 too. that just runs about 20 seconds.