high sierra (beta) crashes whenever i click on an item in the top menu bar

Hi,

I downloaded mac 10.13 (beta). After installed on my iMac, everything went well. But whenever i click on an item in the top menu bar, (e.g. Apple logo,), the system went black and in a few seconds, came back with the login screen.

Anyone has this same issue ? if i want to restore to Sierra, how do i do it ?

thanks!
leo

Replies

Yes, I’m experiencing the same problem on my iMac 27"

Same here. new user does not cause this. I am seeking which preferences to toss

I tossed all the preferences and brought in the important current ones... Dock, finder, etc. i let the mac rebuild the rest. when I got a good reboot that worked, i dumped in the rest. so far so good

Same here, iMac 27" every time I click on a top key ( ie.. Apple Logo ) or try to access any program on bottom row, system screen goes all black and a few minutes later the sign-in screen appears. Am able to access Safari, but click on any drop down menu or enter any text, starts over again to the sign-in screen. Please help insanity is rapidly arriving. Thanks Guy

As I noticed in another post the statement to remove ( Library/Preferences/com.apple.universalaccess.plist ).

This worked for me. Once I deleted that file and restarted, as of this momemt, I am able to do everything I tried.

Thanks to the other poster for posting this, what a great help. Thanks

I left my iMac 27-inch (Late 2012) to install High Sierra overnight. Returned to it this morning and went thru Setup Assistant fine. Then it logged into my main admin account and started opening my apps set to open at start and then kicked me back out to the login window. Subsequent attempts to login to my admin account get kicked back to login window. I guess that's the same thing happening in this thread.

I was able to log into another user account successfully and wasn't kicked out to login window. I've created a new user admin account and left it to do a Time Machine restore. If the issue continues I'll try deleting plist files. I recall having this same issue with DP1 of Sierra as well. What a mess, but such is the beta life!

[EDIT) SOVED! Like an ***** I wasn't looking at the right Preferences Folder, UniversalAccess is in the the Preferences Folder under the User's Home Folder!!

I am experiencing the very same thing. I am not sure how to "toss preferences" You mean delete everything under Library/Preferences/?

Thanks for any help and if anyone figured out which preference in particular, it would be even better (I dont' have Library/Preferences/com.apple.universalaccess.plist)

Thank you!

I followed a workaround from this forum to delete ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.universalaccess.plist. It got rid of the strange behavior when clicking on itmes in the top menu bar. The bootup/startup seems to be problematic but i can live with it.

How did you remove this plist? I have this issue and cannot access the plist. Did you use Terminal?

Found a way with keyboard shortcuts plus drag & drop to Trash. Normal behaviour has resumed at least for now.

I have delete all com.apple. So, iCloud was Not configured After restart, i configure iCloud on m y MacBook and also on my iPhone. Since this Seems to be stable! But i am Not Site how Long. My MacBook restart Every few minutes since yesterday i have Upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra. I have only Open Safari with one tab, doing nothing and bummm, restart alone! It is the worst i have Ever See in my life.