Unusually long "waiting for review" time?

Has anyone else been experiencing unusually long app submission review times?

We submitted our app for review almost a week ago (6 days) and the status is still "waiting for review". It's never taken this long before. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing unusally long wait times due to their review team being backed up, or if something unusual is up with our app...

Replies

Considering 9.7.16 is right around the corner, and the backend seems to be undergoing an update, I'd guess the review teams are mostly out for training on iOS 10 submittals. Best to be patient, perhaps.

Yea, I read about the average 2 days review time, but my app has been stuck in waiting for review for more than that as well.

We submitted a new build over a week ago and still we haven't even been queued to be "in review" yet. I'm honestly just shocked - I should have planned better but I never thought that it could ever take this long for Apple. Soul crushing, gut wrenching feeling to lose out on so much activity as a result of this.

This is happening to me as well. But what's unusual is that another app submitted for review after that got picked up. But the one before, is still waiting for review after a week now.

yeah me too i have been waiting for review for a bundle for like a week lol, prolly cuz of wwdc idk

Same here. Almost 4 days now. My Mac app got approved in less than 24 hours, but iOS apps are taking days....

Same for us. One app in review for 4 days now. Another was rejected on ridiculous grounds (I always assume that this is due to newbies in the review team) so I've resubmitted and that one has been waiting 3 days. Both updates are bug fixes, not critical so not worth requesting expedited review, but annoying to have them delayed.

Our apps is waiting for review avout 10 days.

Now we have 10 apps with status "waiting for review" and we dont know what to do.

We are waiting now 8 days - still on "waiting for review" status - customers going crazy - all communication stopped - very very frustrating.

we have been waitng for three weeks on an expedited review. Everytime we contact them we get the genric email back. i'm not sure what is going on. you cant run a buisness like this.

We have 10 apps in status "waiting for review" about 15 days and we don't know what to do. Apple responds with pattern phrases and nothing changes.

What I have noticed is when I submit update once in a month or so it goes into review within a day, but when I do submit an update just within days after approval, normally due to a hot fix, it might take longer to get into the review. As if something from Apple's side would exist to throttle number of updates you submit for a single app. In my current case I have a bug fixed and would appreciate "promised" 24 hours to apply, but last time I was waiting for 5 days until going into review in the same situation [major release -> then bug fixing release in 2-3 days time].

What is the situation now?

My app is waited for 10 days now.

So apple approved your expedited review, you still waited for 3 weeks?

Can you share your result with us?

Are you still waiting now?