How to correctly deactivate Testflight for App transfer

Hello!

I would like to initiate an App transfer for one of my Apps. When I click the "Transfer App" button I get a message telling me that one criteria is not met: “You must turn off TestFlight beta testing for the app that you want to transfer”. I turned off Testflight by checking the checkbox "Not Available for Testing" for Internal and External testers. Unfortunately I still get the same critertia not met message.

After a google search I found out that I might have encountered this bug:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32906771/itunesconnect-cannot-transfer-app-because-of-you-must-turn-off-testflight-beta/32909981#32909981

Does anybody have a solution for this? Since the discussion was started already on Oct 2nd and there is still no real workaround/answer for it I am not sure if I didn't miss something else when turning off Testflight.

Is there anything else to do besides setting Internal and External testing to "Not Available for Testing" or is this indeed a bug in iTunes Connect which hasn't been fixed for over 2 months now?

Thanks!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of domhof Down vote post of domhof
55k views

Replies

I am also encountering this problem and it seems like this problem has been unsolved for more than a year.

Is there anyone have solved this problem? Or having substitute workaround?

I've been waiting 6 weeks for a resolution to this. It's effecting 12 of my apps—all of which the App Review board is forcing me to transfer into individual accounts, but which I can't transfer because of this defect.

I'm constantly amazed by the utter contempt Apple holds for its developers. We're like gum stuck to the bottom of their shoe. One of the most difficult aspects of my work is dealing with the capricious and uneven assessments of the Review Board, pushing against their mandate to reject as many apps as possible, and then having to deal with the total inability of this huge organization to execute on their one single product line.

Same here, forced to transfer to individual accounts, but having test flight beta shutdown bug.

Our clients are not happy!

Ok, I have some good news. I was stuck because Apple wasn't approving my apps any more because apparently they are now requiring branded apps to be submitted from a developer account whose entity reflects the brand of the app being submitted (how dumb is that - 3rd party developers can no longer submit apps for the companies they are developing the apps for?). So they were denying my updates with critical bug fixes. This combined with the fact that I could not transfer the apps to the new developer account for the company the app was developed for due to this app transfer bug left me dead in the water.

As a last ditch effort, I submitted an expedited app review request (https://developer.apple.com/contact/app-store/?topic=expedite). Less than 24 hours later, the App Review dept called my cell phone and after explaining the problem, they granted me an approval. Once the app was approved and I released the app for sale, the test flight beta error was gone from the transfer process and I was able to successfully transfer the app.

App Review also kindly gave me a phone number to call them back. So I will surely abuse access to that number in the future 🙂.

As a followup to that last post, I have another app that was approved a couple of months ago, but I never released it for sale. Yesterday I tried to transfer it prior to releasing it for sale, and got the 'test flight beta' bug. So I released it for sale, and upon trying to transfer it, it still had the test flight beta bug. So my success transfering the app mentioned above doesn't appear to be a function of its 'approved' or 'ready for sale' status - unfortunately it seems like I'm back to my 'no rhyme or reason' assessment of the problem.

Same problem here, has anyone had this fixed?

Hi all!

I have nearly the same problem (Testflight mode BUG), but I did not ever activate testflight mode in one of two of my apps that I need to transfer.

What is going on with itunes developers? They perform poorly! They cant even fix this BUG for so long! That is awful! Will switch to android all my devices soon.

Sure, this will give no effect, but, nevertheless, did anyone find the resolution?

Same problem here. What is worng with apple? I think they are pushing every app on a single Developer account to get more money. It is completely NUTS!

Same problem here. I could transfer any of my apps before and as of today none. So angry at Apple.

Same problem 😟

Still no one was able to solve it ?

Same problem here. Cannot transfer app due to "Criteria not met" regarding the testflight beta users, all three of my developers are having this same problem. None of us are even using testflight!!!

Anyone with a fix yet?

Same problem here 😟

I called. Their workaround may work for some people, but it didn't for me. They said that it's confirmed and they are working on a fix.

Anyone going to WWDC should complain on site please.

I've had a problem with App transfer before, and had to report problems and show screenshots. Anyhow, they did turnaround a fix in several days. The fact they haven't addressed this maybe something deeper.

You should call.

U.S. and Canada

English

+1 (800) 633-2152

Toll-free from the U.S. and Canada.

Other

English

+1 (408) 974-4897

International charges may apply.

I was successfully able to transfer an app yesterday after having this problem for a week or so. I just checked it and all the criteria was met and the transfer request went through!

If your still having this issue just keep checking, Apple must be resolving it.

This is still broken.

I've been trying to transfer apps for over a month and my "criteria is (still) not met" despite not having any builds up in TestFlight or any application data.

This is getting ridiculious. Apple, please fix this issue ASAFP.