code sign wants to sign using key - Doesn't allow or always allow but deny works

Hi guys,

I'm tearing my hair out with this, i have been exporting my certificate for signing and installing on my new machine many times but since i have updated to El Capitan, i have been having issues. At first, i thought i must be exporting wrong, so i created a brand new certificate from the portal and installed but yet i have the same problem.

The certificate and key exists in the keychain, but then when i build to device, it checks the keychain to authorise the use of the certificate and keychain and all that happens is the alert window appears requesting the "codesign wants to sign using key "x" in your keychain" and the buttons Always Allow, Deny and Allow, when i press Always allow or allow, nothing happens, only deny works.

Whats going??? Surely im not doing something wrong am i?

Thanks

Andrew.

Accepted Reply

I found a solution!

I am using a software to make the movement of my mouse smoother. The app is called "SmoothMouse" and if it is active, it's impossible to click prompt asked by the keychain. I deactivated it and everything worked fine.

So, if you use VPN or any software that simulate/modify your mouse position, keychain won't let you click on it's popup messages.

Replies

Can you expand on getting the pathToP12. This issue as ended the usefulness of my build server.

This worked for me. I use MagicPrefs to customize the track pad on the Magic Mouse.

This is definitely the way to go if you don't have access to the server. However you may have to unlock the keychain first before you execute this command.

Is there a reason why you mention Yosemite and not El Capitan?

I'm not a developer. But I had a problem with new cert due to using mouse gestures software...

Thank you for your advice!

Thanks for your comment.

I also use a wacom all day and couldn't decipher why it it wouln't work at all.

Thanks again!

Any solution? I don't have physical access to my Jenkins OSX build nodes (MacStadium)...

For MagicPrefs and others, you have to enable access in the Security > Accessibility area of System Preferences. I tried to add ScreensharingAgent to the list of approved control devices, but it won't let me press "ok" when I have an executable selected, only a ".app" file. Ugh. Anyone know how to make it trust the VNC server?

I am trying this but even using this the key is still set to confirm before allowing access. I really need to get a work around figured out going to the data center to hook up a mouse every time the cert expires is not a option. any ideas?

I also tried -T with he path to the build service.

both -A and -T seem to be ignored teh cert is installed but still asks for for approval

I used the same solution but still I am getting the pop up message.

Same here - watch out for wacom tablet - frustration ahead - until you disconnect