Bundle display name with space not working in Xcode 8.2

When I give Bundle display name with space as "Test Space", I get the app name as "TestSpace". This happens only to one of my project. When I create new project this works fine. What could be the reason for this? How do I solve this?

Accepted Reply

This thread has been deleted

The reason for this issue is the exact character count "AAAA AAAAAAAA". This problem only occurs if we have space with 12 characters length app name. If it is one character more it shows like "AAAA AAAAA..", or if it is one character less it shows correctly as "AAAA AAAAAAA". So Basically this is only because of character length.

Add a Comment

Replies

Juggling the bundle display name, for whatever reason, should always be followed by using Xcode menus as follows:

Product (option key held down) > Clean Build Folder

Just leave your Info.plist untouched, it should show value $(PRODUCT_NAME) for Bundle Name.
In the Build Settings for your target, search for "Product Name". This is by default set to $(TARGET_NAME).
Change this to the desired name including the space(s) and build again.

Now the app name is shown including the space(s), even when exceeding 12 characters.
Why don’t you update to Xcode 12?

In this case you need to Open the .plist file as code and add   instead space

ex. CFBundleDisplayName Name App

Every solution here does not work. It's undocumented, apple never comments on it - Apps with 12 characters or more cannot have spaces on iOS period.

Add a Comment

Lots of unicode options for 'space' which can be found here: https://www.compart.com/en/unicode/search?q=space#characters

Below is a test with different unicode options and how the spaces display on the iphone. <string>1&#x0020;2&#x00A0;3&#x2002;4&#x2003;5&#x2007;6&#x2008;7&#x2009;8</string>

The space between 6 & 7 is a Punctuation Space that looks better than 2007. &#x2008;