"Sorry, you cannot enroll at this time"

So I've been working on a VR game for iOS for a few months now. I decided to get it out on the App Store for an open Beta. Of course, you need to enroll into the Apple Developer Program. "No biggie," I thought, "just press a few buttons, agree to legal stuff, and I'm in, right?" Wrong, very wrong. I clicked on "Start your Enrollment" and I got redirected to a page that simply said "Sorry, you cannot enroll at this time" and didn't give me any information as to why.

But underneath that I see "You can still develop apps and test them on iOS devices using the latest version of Xcode." Of course, having Xcode, I wonder if there's a way to test it straight from there. Looking around, it seems you need to be enrolled into the Apple Developer Program. Despite the statement they made on Xcode's page "Developing and running your app on your Apple device is as easy as entering your Apple ID into Xcode preferences. Apple Developer Program membership is not required."

So I have two questions here, the first being why can't I enroll? I read that you can't enroll if you're under 13. You can enroll if you're between 13 and 18, but there are limitations for legal reasons. I'm 15, but still can't enroll. Not sure why.

The second one is when they say "Running your app on your Apple device", they mean a Mac, don't they? Cause it seems to me that I cannot test this on my iPhone.

Accepted Reply

> I'm 15, but still can't enroll. Not sure why.

You need to be 18, that's why.

You can work with a parent/guardian to enroll, and use their account, then later, when you're legal to enter into a contract in the State of Calif., obtain your own account and transfer your app(s) over. Be sure the adult understands they need a bank account, credit card and will be responsible for any related tax burdens.

>The second one is when they say "Running your app on your Apple device", they mean a Mac, don't they? Cause it seems to me that I cannot test this on my iPhone.

Actually, you can use 'free provisioning' to test a basic app on your own phone, no paid account required. Speak up if you need details on that process.

Replies

> I'm 15, but still can't enroll. Not sure why.

You need to be 18, that's why.

You can work with a parent/guardian to enroll, and use their account, then later, when you're legal to enter into a contract in the State of Calif., obtain your own account and transfer your app(s) over. Be sure the adult understands they need a bank account, credit card and will be responsible for any related tax burdens.

>The second one is when they say "Running your app on your Apple device", they mean a Mac, don't they? Cause it seems to me that I cannot test this on my iPhone.

Actually, you can use 'free provisioning' to test a basic app on your own phone, no paid account required. Speak up if you need details on that process.

Can you please tell me how to 'free provisioning' to test a basic app on my own phone, no paid account required?

Its not about the age for me! Because I'm over 30 years old and I have set the correct DOB in my profile but still can't get enroll.

I'm so frustrated about this. I tried everything.

- Created multiple accounts to try with (created from mac, created from iPhone, created from the website... tried all the possible ways to create an Apple Developer ID)

- Tried purchasing an app on app store and then try again

- Confirmed my DOB in the profile

- Contacted Apple support for the same issue, Never got back with the solution.

- Asked the support team to arrange a wire transfer and manually process my request but got the negative response

And still, it always ends up on the same page

Sorry, you cannot enroll at this time

Please, somebody, find a solution to this. For the brand like apple, this blows!!

Hi,
Did you get the chance to fix this issue? If yes , please help me out im stuck with this issue for a long time.

Thanks

That's why android is popular.