USB MIDI device not recognized by iOS 10.3 beta 1

We have a MIDI device connecting to iOS devices using the generic USB (camera) adapter.

As of iOS 10.3 beta 1, on a 12.9" iPad Pro, we are getting the message "This accessory is not supported by this iPad"

Any one else seeing this?

Is this a known problem with the beta that will be fixed?

Has there been a change in how MIDI devices connect?

Thanks.

Accepted Reply

iOS 10.3 Beta 3 fixes it for me.

Replies

I started having the exact same issue since the 10.3.1 update (I can use the MIDI adaptar and then I get the "not supported" message after some 2 minutes). Since the adapter actually works -as it did flawlessly until this bloody update!- it is obiously an easily fixable issue. Apple people: many of us pay lots of many for apps and gadgets to use our ipads in music creation. It is actually one of the functions you've been promoting the most recently. We need an urgent fix, please!

I'm also having this issue. My client is going crazy because they are supporting end users who have a need to use their app with headphones, but the dongle they've been using doesn't appear to be working anymore.

I've got the exact same problem since 10.3.1. The lightning>3,5mm-adapter works great for about 1,5-3 minutes then giving me the "not supported"-error.

Hi - I was just curious if you're still running into this problem after downloading the newest update?

I am trying to use Blue Yeti USB microphone with my iPhone 7 and iPad Pro, recording using Garageband. Both iOS are up to date. Sometimes, it works after plugging in with a third-party Lightening to USB adaptor, but after a minute or less, I get the accessory not supported message. I then connected via a powered USB hub, sadly the same result. I was planning to get an Apple made adaptor and try again but seeing all these messages, perhaps it's not about the cable.

I had the exact same issue and my Yamah keyboard wasn't working with two Midi-to-USB cables I had.

I contacted Apple support last week and didn't get much satisfaction except that they recommended an IK Multimedia Irig MIDI 2 cable set. It is not cheap, but I got one and it works perfectly now. It seems only this cable is just about the only "Made for iPad" MIDI adapter out there.

really sad that this is still going on. I'm installing the latest iOS 10.3.2 update now to see if this helps. But my generic USB-Lightning adapter hasn't worked with my Blue Yeti mic for recording in ages. Its caused me to cancel subscriptions for apps that I specifically purchased to use with my mic.

The latest update does not fix this.

IOS 10.3 and above has this problem. Yes, including IOS 11 beta. Tested using 2 original apple adapters: Samson Carbon 61 Midi Keyboard Korg Nanopad 2 Akai LPD8 A few more Roland and Yamaha Keyboards that have midi output. People saying one of the betas have fixed it probably didn't use Midi long enough because the "accessory is not supported" message doesn't pop up until about 1-2 minutes. The last working IOS was 10.2.1 Devices used: iPhone 7 Plus iPhone 6 iPhone 5s iPad Mini 2 (None of these are jailbroken) Apps used: Neo Soul Keys Garageband iGrand iMPC Pro All of these used to work. Apple is screwing over musicians with this problem.

Happend to buy an Ipad Air and accessory USB Camera Adapter worked fine together with Active USB Hub to surf on Internet via Ethernet (IOS 10.2.1), but AppleStore would take ages, so i upated to next Version (seems 10.3) and Ethernet is works only for a minute or so afterwards it gets "This Accessory is not supported" and no Internet via Ethernet on Ipad until next reboot.

Will try out the new USB 3 Lightnung Camera Adapter , maybe that one makes a difference.

Are you sure? Did you tested for more than 2 minutes? For me with this beta doesn't work at all.

Are you sure? Did you tested for more than 2 minutes? For me with this beta doesn't work at all.

Someone could solve this?? This is drive me crazy! Stupid apple.

Still waiting on a response from Apple on this issue. Can we get an update?

Just got my new Korg Microkey2 37 midi controller which stated to be supported by ipad/iphone, with the CCK it works for 1-2 min and stop working with the error message "This Accessory is not supported."

I believe it shouldn't be the power issue but IOS related issue, Apple, please fix it.

I'm using IPad Air 2 with IOS 10.3.2.