How to correctly deactivate Testflight for App transfer

Hello!

I would like to initiate an App transfer for one of my Apps. When I click the "Transfer App" button I get a message telling me that one criteria is not met: “You must turn off TestFlight beta testing for the app that you want to transfer”. I turned off Testflight by checking the checkbox "Not Available for Testing" for Internal and External testers. Unfortunately I still get the same critertia not met message.

After a google search I found out that I might have encountered this bug:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32906771/itunesconnect-cannot-transfer-app-because-of-you-must-turn-off-testflight-beta/32909981#32909981

Does anybody have a solution for this? Since the discussion was started already on Oct 2nd and there is still no real workaround/answer for it I am not sure if I didn't miss something else when turning off Testflight.

Is there anything else to do besides setting Internal and External testing to "Not Available for Testing" or is this indeed a bug in iTunes Connect which hasn't been fixed for over 2 months now?

Thanks!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of domhof Down vote post of domhof
55k views

Replies

Hello,
I'm too facing same issue of Testflight beta testing as

-> TestFlight Beta Testing
You must turn off TestFlight Beta Testing for the app that you want to transfer.

I have tried with Stop Testing from TestFlight app(I'm the only tester), but no success. So I deleted all build which shows under test-flight but still, it's same. Please let me know anyone finds a solution for this.

Thanks

Hello,

Im having the same issue.
Could you solve it?

Hi, the same problem too.

Did you find solution?

I am also facing same problem.Any solution?

I am facing the same issue.

Sent an contact to Apple some days ago, but Apple support didn't give me an answer yet.

We are currently experiencing the same issue. Sent out support to apple and are waiting the reply. If anyone comes across a resolution it would be appreciated if they post it here.

Same here

Same here...

After contact Apple, problem is apple side and i have to wait until this issue is fixed.

After one and a half weeks no changes. 😕

This post does't really help me!

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32906771/itunesconnect-cannot-transfer-app-because-of-you-must-turn-off-testflight-beta/32909981#32909981

Any solutions? Workarounds?

I got a response from Apple that engineers are working to solve the problem, but they don't know when the issue will be corrected.

The only workaround for this problem is delete the app from your account and create it direct inside the account of the other person.

But you will lost all the app stats, like reviews and some other things.

I wouldn't even call that a work around. We also received the same response.

I am having the same problem. No response to my ticket either. Really fustrating. If I delete and publish under the new account - will people who have the app downloaded have to download from the new account or will it recognize that it is the same app?

The only way existing users can maintain continuity is when the app retains it's original bundleID, sku, etc.

Also note that if you delete an app, you lose access to it's name as it goes back into the general pool for everyone but you. I'd not delete casually...make sure that's what you want.

>No response to my ticket either.

Call em' up ...and don't let them get you off the call by sending you back to the forums 😉

The strange thing for me is that I have 4 apps that I'm transferring. I am using Fabric for beta testing, so not even using test flight. All apps have test flight settings that are identical (original settings - unconfigured). Two of the apps I am able to transfer successfully (no 'You must turn off TestFlight Beta Testing for the app that you want to transfer.' non-compliance error). The other two have this error. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to this.

Well, I spent 40 minutes with apple dev support, and like fabiobh says, they at least acknowledge they have a problem and say they are working to fix it. A couple of years ago there was a bug with MacOS where the new build stopped recognizing super drives. For 3 months Apple refused to acknowledge that there was a problem, and told everyone to buy new super drives. Finally after showing them that the super drive was working fine when I booted the MBP device into Windows, they acknowledged the problem. And 3 months later, they released a fix. So hopefully this fix comes faster than that.

The problem appears to affect randomly apps. I publish my apps using fastlane, some apps has this problem, other don't. All apps use the same config.