Unable to Activate Auto-Unlock

Hello,

So i've installed the beta 2 on all of my devices, enabled 2 step factor auth etc... etc... Everything seems to be working but when i hit the checkbox to enable the service, i get stuck with a endless 'Turning On...' spiral and it never ends. If i close everything and come back, rehit the 'Allow your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac', i get the turning On... again forever.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Phil

• I have the same issue. Did all the recommended things of rebooting everything , turning off sharing and so on. Still get the spinning wheel. Apparently its waiting to the watch to display allow $%^s MacBook Pro to access and push the side button on the watch twice to accept but that stage never happens. It seems the laptop doesn't see the watch. and is waiting for a response that is not going to happen. Im on a MacBook Pro 2021 14". My other Macs are working with the watch just fine.

Add a Comment

Replies

This also worked for me. That's an hour of my life that I'll never get back. Thanks for posting.

I have tried to figure out this problem for three days now.

What worked for me was to change the password on my mac to the same password as my iCloud account.

I had this problem after upgrading to a series 2 Apple Watch. Logging out of iCloud on my iPhone then logging back in fixed the issue (I was prompted to re-enter my Mac Book Pro password on the iPhone when logging back in).