App Group access after app transfer

I want to ask a question about App Transfer. We have succesfully transferred our iOS app to new developer account. App ID and bundle is transferred but there is no app group id and push notification certificate in new developer account.

Our database is stored in the app group container and have to create same app group id in new developer account. I want to ask you if there is any risk to delete old app group id from old account and re-create the same app group id in new developer account. Will any App Store users affect data lose or etc ?

Or, is there any other way to transfer App Group ID to new developer account ?

Thanks

Replies

Hello mesut.dag,

I unfortunately ran into the same problem: After the transfer from another account, the app groups don't seem to work anymore.

This is the error message I get:

An Application Group with Identifier 'my.app.identifier.group' is not available. Please enter a different string.

Were you able to resolve the issue already?

With best regards

Hendrik

Hello,

I'm going through the same issue.

Were you able to solve this somehow?

Would deleting the group on the previous account and re-creating it on the new one keep users data intact when pushing an update with the new account?

Thanks!

Did you figure this out?

Any updates to this thread?

Any updates to this topic ?

You can delete the app identifiers from the original account and then add to your new account. Its will work

To Fix this issue:
  • Enter in the old developer account a remove the group id you want to use in the new account

• Then create the a new group ID with the same string in the new account

• Now you can use this group ID in your transferred app