How to solve this problem,storyboard error

Sorry about my poor english first.

I'm a new developer.

When I use the storyboard to create by userinterface in xcode.There is a error showed at the top of the interface builder. It says "An internal error occured. Editing functionality may be limited " and there is a button at the end of line "reoprt a bug".

After this error showed ,the storyboard got very slow and unstable.

At first,restart the xcode will solve this issue temporary.

But one day,it showed again,I restart the xcode as usual.The error line is gone, but the interface builder didn't restore.It stuck forever,not just for this project,create a new project is the same😟

I searched other questions but they don't get the solution either.

Can anyone could tell me how to solve this probelm?

PS:I don't know if you can understand my question,maybe I don't make the question clear.You can read this question from the link at the bottom,this guy has the same problem,and no solution.

Other questions like me:https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/88935#88935

Replies

I have the same problem in Xcode 7.3. Re-opening of Xcode doesn't solve it, too.

Hi there,

I was just wondering if you ever managed to find a solution to this problem? I've tried cleaning the project, deleting the DerivedData folder, reinstalling Xcode etc and nothing...

Thanks,

Girish

I have this in Xcode Version 8.3.1 (8E1000a) 😠

I had this error several times (in XCode 7.3). It was due to some line in code, that did compile, but that was not understoord by the parser.

I had to comment out parts of code till I could isolate the origin of the error.

Extra info: mor on possible causes here :

h ttp://stackoverflow.com/questions/33456411/ios-project-showing-error-an-internal-error-occurred-editing-functionality-may

Ok, I had the same issue with my new M1 chip. A previous Xcode issue had made me open Xcode using rosetta. (get info) etc.. Anyway, it seem that this storyboard error was caused by rosetta. So opening it without rosetta resolved this for me. (original error must have been resolved in an Xcode update)
I also found this problem in M1. And I cannot compile successfully without Rosetta. (error about arm64)
There is no solution for that I reported this bug 1 month ago on feedback asistant platform, I am still waiting answer from Apple Engineering team