Core data instruments running but not detect sql activity

I use core data in an iphone app and i want to profile it using core data instruments. I initiate core data instruments using simulator and I start recording. Despite the fact that the instruments are running, they do not detect any sql activity. I use Xcode 8.1.

Replies

Same issue for me

Same for me. This used to work in Xcode 8 but doesn't in 8.2.

Note that I'm using the iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2 simulator.

I confirmed that it doesn't seem to be an Xcode 7.x vs 8.x issue. I know this used to work before I upgraded to macOS so I wonder if that's the real reason.

This is a known issue with macOS 10.12. You should be able to launch your app in the simulator yourself and then attach to it with Instruments. Unfortunately, using Instruments to do the launching doesn't work right now for the Core Data instruments.

Thanks! I'll see if this doesn't fix it for me.

Unfortunately this didn't fix the issue for me. While I can attach to a running app in the simulator with Instruments, none of the Core Data tools are logging any data (while others do such as allocations, etc.)

Same issue for me. Nothing logs in the Core Data Instrument, even if connecting to the app already running in the simulator. Running Xcode 8.2.1, macOS 10.12.3.

Did you guys get the "attaching to the running process" approach working? Can you share the steps? I can't get Instruments logging any Core Data event by attaching Instruments to the running app.

That workaround doesn't work for me neither.

HI

Do you know if it's fixed in High Sierra?

Thanks

Bill

Also not working for me either... Using Xcode9 GM on 10.12.6