Eclipse (4.4) and other Java applications unusable under El Capitan DP3

Eclipse was working properly under Beta 1 and Beta 2, but seems to be having issues under Beta 3. The splash screen appears, and loading completes, and even shows my workspace. (Complete with projects, last-open tabs and contents, etc.)

However, the GUI thread seems completely stalled - I have the rainbow wheel of death perpetually, and cannot interact with any of the UI.

Update: I updated to Eclipse Mars (4.5) and am experiencing the same issue.

Replies

Not just Eclipse but other Java apps like CrashPlan as well.

Strangely enough, IntelliJ IDEA 14 seems to be working fine.

i have same problem

Haha yep. I'm in InteiiJ IDEA 14 as well for the time being.

Same issue here. I've tried three different versions of Eclipse and got the same outcome, including the latest version (Mars).

Yup, I'm getting multiple apps failing to load "Mail, Xamarin Studio, Eclipse, etc"!

Same here with Eclipse 4.3 and 4.4. Everything was working well until I upgraded to Beta 3 this morning.

Same problem, all java applications not working.

Same here. Beta 3 broke all versions of Eclipse I had running on beta 1 and 2, which took re-installing java in the first place.

Just saw that in the Release Notes under Known Issues

• Some versions of Eclipse may hang during use.

OS X v10.11 Developer beta Release notes

I installed java7 and 8 but still crash when opening,

and how to solve or fix this problem? i really need this for work 😟

Same here, I use eclipse 4.4. Everything was working well until I upgraded to Beta 3 this afternoon.

Unfortunately it appears that "ALL versions of Eclipse WILL hang during use" is a better description. If anyone finds one that works, that'd be useful information to add to the thread.

Had someone tried to install jdk 1.8u60 (early access)?

Maybe I'll give it a try, except one of you already did that...

I tried. jdk1.8u60b22. didn't work.

Apple have just updated their legacy Java support here. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.