Sandbox users don't work for in-apps testing (issue started on Jan-6, 2017)

Hello,

We are currently developing the app and testing in-apps (annual recurring subscriptions) using sandbox users. Test accounts (sandbox users) have been created in December 2016 and we successfully tested our app.

Starting today (Jan-6-2016), we can't use the created test (sandbox) accounts. We attempted to delete them and create new accounts, but these don't work as well.

Also I would like to add that verification is prompted for each newly added sandbox user, which wasn't the case before. Even if the account is verified, the verification process can't be completed and is promted as many times as we attempt to apply test purchasing of the subscription.

Does anyone experience the same issues?

I can also provide a couple of screenshots for visuals.

Could the Apple team contact me, if this issue is connected with your organizational updates or inability of certain services, thank you in advance.

Replies

Hello Apple Team,

Could you confirm, if this issue was solved?

The latest instructions I received from your management team are:

"If the account was created between 1/5 and 1/11, you will need to create new account. Please note that you can’t edit sandbox tester accounts after you create them. Because the email address used to create a sandbox tester account can’t be associated with any existing Apple account, consider creating a dedicated email address for each sandbox tester."

For my project, it's not the case - we created account at a different time.

Thank you

This is still a problem, I have tested with new sandbox accounts today and I still cant manage to authenticate with Apple.

Any news from Apple ?

You shouldn't need to verify the sandbox accounts to make a purchase with them...

I could be wrong, but this also appers to still be an issue for me. I've tried verifying the sandbox account... but it just always rejects me saying my username or password are incorrect.

I just learned that this feature is not available using the simulator! You have to use a real device to actually use a sandbox user for Apple Pay. Using the simulator would be really nice...

You need a real device to test In App Purchases. This thread has nothing to do with Apple Pay.

Hello!

Have same problem now but with TestFlight.

After changing status of my app to "Pending developer release" the ability to test purchases is gone.

For internal and external Testflight testers and for one sandbox user.

What's happening:

The application makes a purchase request. A message confirming the purchase appears with the correct purchase ID. After confirmation, a message appears indicating that the object is not available. From the moment when the purchases worked, the application code did not change. Purchases are approved. All this looks like a problem on the side of itunes connect.

"Contuct us" offers to read the reference manual without trying to understand the content of my request. It's disgusting. Why do we pay $ 99 a year?

I am also having this issue for a while now. Tried verifying the account and all. But nothing seems to work.

I also think so.

really fix it ?

I got my sandbox account shot too. So count me in!

Bump! "Can't connect to iTunes store" everytime.

Hi all,

Was running into the same issue as I was trying to use the XCode emulator to test ApplePay and couldn't log in with a test user.

The solution was to accept the T&Cs for the test user iCloud account by logging into icloud.com and accepting the terms as the test user.

Once I did that, I could log in and start testing payments on both the emulator and real devices!

Hopefully that information helps!

Did anyone figure this out? I am trying to test my In-app purchases on a Mac OS application. I'm able to send the product request, but when the response comes back, there are no products present. I'm passing the same product IDs as are specfied in iTunes connect.

I'm unsure if it is because I'm not signed in as the sandbox user, but I'm not sure where I should be signed in as that user as there are multiple places to sign-in on Mac OS into an iCloud account.

2019 and the Sandbox testing is still a mess. I can't sign out of the 'sandbox account' the settings panel crashes when trying to sign out. I can't test IAP it's locked to my original account (which got locked, thank goodness I was near a Mac). I'm actually stuck now. Can't release an app we've been working on for 2 months amazing what a friggin time sink.

I had to buy a seperate phone to test this crap because it was locking me out of my main device.

With the Android emulator you can test purchases inside it.

What is going on Apple? You take 30% of our margins and you give us trash in return. We can't even implement our own simple payment solutions, it's a disgrace.