Cant't change primary language

I have submitted my first App to the AppStore. Unfortunately I've notice that the primary language is set to German instead of English. I've try to change the primary language in the App Store Information of my App but the error occurred:

In order to change this app’s primary language to Englisch (USA), each version must already have the required Englisch (USA) screenshots.

But I've already uploaded screenshots for German and English (USA) for the app aleary in App Store and for ma update. What can I do to change the primary language. I've read the iTunes Connect Developer Guide but there is no solution. Can anyoune help me please?

Thank you for your help.

Accepted Reply

Got it working, If you go to Media manager you'll find that the target primary language has a lot checkboxes ticked indicating the use of screenshots on another language. I made sure to untick every sinlge checkbox (wether it said the correct language or not) and only specify one for the language that I was using.

For example, I had Spaish (Spain) set as the primary language and Spanish (Mexico) as the desired primary language; I went to Media Manager, selected Spanish (Mexico) and only left one checkbox selected (making sure it said Mexico). After I saved the changes i went back to the app information and was able to change the default language, I had to re-upload the rest of the images afterwards (for the remainder of the screens).

Hope this helps...

Replies

I was able to save the new primary language only when the version with all images was approved. Thanks for your instruvtions!

Its still doesn't work. Please help
same here. facing the same issue.

I had the same problem in my application. Although my app is in Turkish and the localization on appstore connect is in Turkish, EN was displayed in the store. The solution is as in the screenshot below. Select your project and add the language of your application in the localization section and you will see it selected by default. After reinstalling your application, the problem will be fixed.