USB MIDI device not recognized by iOS 10.3 beta 1

We have a MIDI device connecting to iOS devices using the generic USB (camera) adapter.

As of iOS 10.3 beta 1, on a 12.9" iPad Pro, we are getting the message "This accessory is not supported by this iPad"

Any one else seeing this?

Is this a known problem with the beta that will be fixed?

Has there been a change in how MIDI devices connect?

Thanks.

Accepted Reply

iOS 10.3 Beta 3 fixes it for me.

Replies

I'm getting the same error while using an aux cord that was previously working until I updated my software to 10.3. My cousins' apple products work perfectly fine with the cord, because they didn't update their software. Apparently this is a common problem. Patiently waiting for them to send another update my way

I don't get the error but it doesn't work either. In settings --> general --> about, I see an item about the adapter appearing and disappearing in a loop,

This was with both an iPhone 6 and an iPad Pro 9.7 running 10.3 beta 1. Upgrading the iPhone to 10.3 beta 2 didn't solve it...

Is this perhaps related to the release notes on video adapters? Is this a general problem that will be fixed? From the release notes:

Lightning Video Adapters

Lightning video adapters may not work as expected in this beta.

Yeah, I don't see the error message in Beta 2, but I do see the connector appearing & disappearing in Settings-->About. Thanks. Even with no MIDI device connected to the USB adaptor, the adaptor entry keeps cycling in Settings General About, so I'm guessing this is an Apple problem.

iOS 10.3 Beta 3 fixes it for me.

Yes, it also works in iOS 10.3 Beta 4. Thanks.

I still have a Problem with a Lightning to AUX Cable. I use this Cable in my Car to Play Apple Music Audio on my Radio. Works fine on my Girlfriends iPhone with iOS 10.2.1, worked well with my iPhone restored on 10.2.1 as a NEW iPhone, but does not work when i´m on 10.3 beta 5 with my Backup restored. After 1-3 Minutes the iPhone says "The accessory may not be certified." and the Music stops playing.

Anyone else with this Problem? I´m not willing to go back to 10.2.1 because all of my Backup Data will be lost.

Any ideas what can i do?

I installed 10.3 yesterday afgter it was officially released by Apple and now I'm having this issue with my AUX/Lightning cable.

Am I the only one? Can it be fixed?

Hi,

I'm seeing the same issue - I have a lightning-to-3.5mm cable for my headphones and iphone 7+, it worked fine until I upgraded, now it will work for about 1.5 minutes after each phone reboot and then the "Not compatible with this iphone" message. Bit irritating that it works fine for a short while then just stops!

I've noticed that a few of these cables on Amazon now have a "Only compatible with iOS 10.2.3 and below" sticker on them, which suggests this is a widespread issue.

Included adapter still works ok, but a single cable looks so much neater.

I now have this same issue after installing the offical 10.3 update on my iPhone 7.

I use a lightning to 3.5mm male jack in my BMW to listen to music and audiobooks. The device has always worked prior to this update. Now it will play for a minute or so and then stop and say the accessory is not supported.

same issue.

in the settings -> general -> about, the "DOCK" items apears for minutes when I connect the adapter,

and then got this message "This accessory is not supported by this iPad"

the DOCK shows that:

firmware vesion: 1.0.1

hardware versino: 1.0.2

does this mean something?

unfortunately, I have the very same issue now with the distributes version of 10.3.1 :-(

Everything was set up and working perfectl, but with the update to 10.3.1 the USB OTG with the connected Midi Interface does not wotk anymore :-(

Depends. If it worked before, update your iPad. If not, the device might not be supported.

Strange thing is, iOS does recognize the not original USB OTG Adapter for about 1 minute and suddenly the message appears, that this device is not recognized and not supported, after that, the Adapter does not work any longer...

But before the update to 10.3.1 I was able to use it for hours... and even in this minute to the message, it still works flawless...

At the moment I'm pretty unhappy with this situation...

To me it looks like, it's just a way to force users to buy certified accessoires...

I have a little Korg that I used to plug and play. Uploaded to iOS 10.3.1 and started getting 'not supported' message about 3 minutes after connecting every time. I called Apple support few times to see if their next update will fix it and got a bunch of rubbish in broken English. Very unhappy with this update! I don't understand what is not supported: the adapter, or the midi its self?