10.12.4 beta 8 still has issues waking monitor

All of the previous versions of 10.12.14 including the latest version still have had issues on occasion waking up the monitors after going to sleep or being put to sleep. The system is still running, if you hit the keyboard you can hear the audible beeps etc... I literally have to power off the iMac 5K and back on again to get the system working again. On a rare occasion, I can hit a key and login even though the screen is black and then the second monitor I have attached will come to life, but never the main 5k monitor. This is very annoying that it hasn't been resolved by now. Anyone else still seeing this behavior?

Replies

Beta 7 still exhibits this same behavior! I have never seen a problem make it through so many betas... I will file a bug report

I'm definitely still seeing this behavior. The display gitches have stopped but I've noticed that the issue occurs more when PowerNap has received some sort of data causing the computer to intermittantly wake up to process.

Turning Power Nap off seems to resolve the issue. I have also noticed that if you have drives mounted via USB-C you also loose your Hard Drive mounts if PowerNap has done anything.

I've turned it off for now and have been watching the console log for anything interesting.

And just when I thought it improved, today it did the same thing in beta 8

And it still exists in the final release of 10.12.4

Thought I was going crazy for a few days, but also getting this issue here on my 5K iMac.

I have an open bug report ongoing with Apple. I have sent several sysdiagnose files regarding this issue. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

Having same issue with the release version and the 5k late 2015 iMac 27. It OCCASIONALLY wakes up after sleep, but not often. Just started happening with 10.12.4. This makes me nervous because the fusion drives aand HFS generally is so finicky. After the last restart my backup drive has now become read only and "could not be repaired".

Same model same problem, same update caused it.

Sometimes my second monitor (a 4k Dell) will wake but not the iMac display.

Requires hard reset.

I have discovered that if I turn off my Dell 4K monitor before walking away, the system will always allow me back in without this issue. I turn on the Dell after I am logged back in and everything works fine. No hard reset needed although this is a bit of a nusance. This is issue is still present in 10.12.5 beta 5