The reported PLA 1.2 guideline issue is in regards to the seller and company names associated with your app not reflect the name “COMPANY NAME” in the app or its metadata, as required by section 1.2 of the Apple Developer Program License Agreement.

Hi,

Our Binary has been rejected by AppStore and we are unable to trace out the exact issue.

The follwing is the reason mentioned by App Review Team of Apple

The reported PLA 1.2 guideline issue is in regards to the seller and company names associated with your app not reflect the name “COMPANY NAME” in the app or its metadata, as required by section 1.2 of the Apple Developer Program License Agreement.

It would be appropriate for your app must be published under a seller name and company name that reflects the COMPANY NAME brand.

If you have developed these apps on behalf of a client, please advise your client to add you to the development team of their Apple Developer account.

Once created, you cannot change your seller name or company name in iTunes Connect. For assistance with changing your company name or seller name, you will need to contact iTunes Connect through the Contact Us page.

Once this issue is resolved, we can continue with the review. We look forward to your resubmission.

Replies

Ya, this completely blows. We do contracted work for other companies. Switching hundreds of apps to separate developer accounts is completely unreasonable. The customers also want nothing to do with dealing with accounts. They just want an app.

I have the same situation. Apples requires the creation of developer accounts for each company. But it's just not possible. Companies do not want to create their own accounts. They have no resources and time. Why would Apple do that? Why do they do it? It is not correct. And most importantly, what to do now? You need to prove that the application should be in my developer account.

What to specify in the application? What to write in the copyright line?

Why does Apple do it? Think about what happens when Business A goes to App Developer W to get an app written and put in the store, decides later that they'd rather have Developer X work on the app instead, and Developer W says "No."

It's the same amount of work for Business A to have control of the account that the app is hosted on, and hire a developer to manage the account for them. And it eliminates the need for Apple to intervene in petty contract disputes or intervene to give A back control of the app.

It all globally. It is for large companies. And we're talking about a small company. A small company has time and money to use your developer account. A small company is advantageous to give it all to the developer and not to think about it. Have a small company, no opportunities and time for all this. Example. If the company orders the development of a site in the Internet? She doesn't have to have your own server. The company uses a server developer. And applications the same.

I believe the true issue here is branding. Once an app name is registered on the app store (published or not) it is effectively locked in for that one app. No other app can have a name resembling that "brand". The Apple developer account that registered that name is the only one that can transfer that name to another developer account.

I can see Apple's concerns, but Apple doesn't seem to be concerned about the developers nor the monetary impact our clients are facing due to this rule. While $99/year is not much by itself, but after you multiply that by 150+ and all the man hours required to manage the individual developer accounts things start to add up quickly.

I believe there are far more effective ways of dealing with branding issues. Having to provide legal documentation with the app stating we have permissions to said brand is one alternative. Another is to offer a "company" portal that our clients can register their brand(s) within Apple. From there we would be given express permissions to use their branding similar to how the MFi product plan ids work. If they don't want us to develop for them any longer they can remove us from their list.

I heard back from the review board. They said the exact some thing the original rejection was for...

Agreed. Not only that but having to pay for that yearly fee (although not much IMHO). But when you have to multiply by a couple hundred apps or and then include the man hours required to manage those accounts things start to add up quickly.

We have the same issue all of a sudden. We have hundreds of apps in the app store for SMB clients. These clients are not interested in an Apple Developer account, setting it up would be too costly time wise. It makes sense for large organizations, but not at all for these type companies. It kills this business of being able to provide apps for smaller organizations. Google Play resolves this by offering the possibility of adding a written "Declaration of Consent" signed by our customers authorizing us to publish on behalf of them.

Has anyone found a method to deal with this yet?

I am also developing my own App with my personal developer account and it got rejected for the same reason. Any one found a way out of this?

Hello

My app was rejected for the same reason.

I made my app to my company, but it shows some information of STORES near my location.

Anyone know how can I publish my app with these technical features without be reject by this reason.

Thanks, it work for me. My application is ready for sale in Apple store.

see my reply in http://stackoverflow.com/a/43221136/1920536

I tried this solution, but not work

I also have the same problem and have appealed the Review Team but haven't get any clear response about that 1.2 point. I thougt it has to be with web-shops embedded in web views, but I couldn't confirm it as there is no a regular pattern of rejection.

I did this. But still the same issue. Can anyone else help? Thanks