Application Loader "There was a problem retrieving the metadata"

Hello,

I am currently in the process of uploading hosted content IAP pkg files via Application Loader.

I log-in, then press "New In-App Purchases". From here, I see the list of my registered iTunes Connect apps.

I select the app that has the IAPs waiting for upload, then press "Manage".

An error is displayed: "There was a problem retrieving the metadata", followed by "No suitable application records were found. Verify your bundle identifier '***' is correct.". If I try the same with the other apps, I get the exact same error. I was able to upload an IAP few weeks ago and it worked perfectly.

I wonder how it can check for the bundle identifier since I'm not even able to upload my pkg file. The app is not currently available on the App Store (only via TestFlight), but I have no issue upload new builds regularly.

I double checked everything on my App ID, certificates, in-app purchases metadata and everything is OK.

Is there a known issue with the Application Loader right now ? I couldn't find any relevant information.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mathieu.

Replies

I followed these steps (even though my provisioning profiles had not expired). I trashed my local provisioning profiles and redownloaded the same valid unexpired ones from iTunes. I quit and rebooted and am still experiencing the same error.

It smells like an issue on Apple's side to me.

I have had this problem now for 8 days. Apple has provided me with no concrete information to indicate that anything is being done other than the creation of a ticket. No acknowledgement of a problem. No confirmation that anyone has attempted to duplicate the problem.

A day and a half before I encountered this problem, I uploaded an in-app purchase. The upload went into the "processing" state and continues to be stuck in that state today. Again, no confirmation that any engineer has attempted to correct the issue. Meanwhile I am unable to delete the upload from the iTunesConnect record or to make any changes to the definition of the product.

Hello,

They did reply to me as well, asking me to clear the Safari cache and retry...

I did, just to be sure, and obviously it did not fix anything.

It's been almost one week now; someone from the Apple team should at least give us an aknowldgement here.

Mathieu.

Wow. Looks like they don't care at all. I am waiting for reply and will call them if the answer gonna be the same. Bye bye deadlines :/

I spoke with a Senior Advisor today at iTunesConnect. I have done this several times in the last week. As usual, I was told that the Senior Advisor (a) cannot provide any details as to what is being done to fix the problem and that (b) there is no one higher in the chain of command with whom I am allowed to speak.

Naturally the Senior Advisor is sorry that I have a problem. He told me that I would be informed when the problem is fixed and that I would receive no further information until that time.

This is totally crazy! I am in shock. What the **** is going on? We are gonna move from Apple servers to Azure. Can't take it anymore.

Answer: Hello, Thank you for providing additional information as requested. We are currently investigating this issue and will follow up with you as soon as we have an update.

Has your problem been resolved? Mine has not.

I got same problem, it seems Apple missed SKU with Bundle Identity.

Hello,

Still nothing on my side. This shifts my IAP testing by more days.

Cheers.

Mathieu.

Checking every day. Unbelievable/

Exactly my thoughts, it seems Application Loader should be updated ?

It's been 10 days now and no official statement by Apple was made on this issue.

Cheers,

Mathieu.

I get the same BS non-response from Apple that they are "looking into it."

George

Has anyone who posted on this list obtained a resolution to their problem? My problem is now 2 weeks old!

Hey PianoBench,

Nothing on my side. I just got one answer a few days ago asking to clear my Safari cache, to which I replied and then nothing.

Cheers,

Mathieu.