Application Loader "There was a problem retrieving the metadata"

Hello,

I am currently in the process of uploading hosted content IAP pkg files via Application Loader.

I log-in, then press "New In-App Purchases". From here, I see the list of my registered iTunes Connect apps.

I select the app that has the IAPs waiting for upload, then press "Manage".

An error is displayed: "There was a problem retrieving the metadata", followed by "No suitable application records were found. Verify your bundle identifier '***' is correct.". If I try the same with the other apps, I get the exact same error. I was able to upload an IAP few weeks ago and it worked perfectly.

I wonder how it can check for the bundle identifier since I'm not even able to upload my pkg file. The app is not currently available on the App Store (only via TestFlight), but I have no issue upload new builds regularly.

I double checked everything on my App ID, certificates, in-app purchases metadata and everything is OK.

Is there a known issue with the Application Loader right now ? I couldn't find any relevant information.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mathieu.

Replies

I have the same issue. Please keep me posted with what you find. Thanks

I am having the same problem. I am trying to send an updated version of our app to TestFlight and keep getting "No suitable application records were found. Verify your bundle identifier 'com.***.***' is correct" The last time this app was updated was yesterday and nothing except one line of code has been changed. Is this a widespread problem?

Pretty strange... I feel there's something wrong on Apple's side too...

I have the same issue 😟

keep me posted with what you find.

Thanks

Even i have same problem, i am trying to update existing app. Looks like it started from 17th March 2017.

I have raised issue with Apple Support. Let me wait for their response.

I will update once i here back from them, meanwhile if any one gets any update then please post here.

Still not workig to this day. I will contact iTunes Connect support as well.

Please contact iTunes Support and escalate. They gave me reply as "After reviewing the provided screenshot, I was able to see that your Bundle ID is incorrect. Please make sure to check the App Distribution Guide".

I have replied back to them with detailed steps on how to reproduce it. Its more then 24hrs they haven't come back yet.

They also shared a phone number to contact them, but that phone is never answered nor reached.

🙂 Finally i was able to upload my hosted content in-app with some work around.

You can follow below steps until Apple fixes their issue.

1. Application Loader > File > 'Open App Import Template'

This will generate a dummy template with 3-4 records for you. Copy it to different location, then modify the template with your in-app purchase details in it. Its a TAB separated file.

2. In Application Loader - Select 'New In-App Purchase' image and then click on 'Import' button and upload the above file.

3. Boom... it will skip the initial page which was causing problem and directly take you to the next In App Window, there you can re edit and then click on 'Delivery' button

Create a new app on Itunes Connect -> add SKU = Your Bundle ID value ..........

Open Application Loader -> New In-App purchases....

=> It is working 😟

Why?

I'm guessing this is a bug in the iTunes Connect upload validation scripts.

Good one ! I will use this workaround until Apple fix this issue.

Thank you!

Cheers,

Mathieu.

I can't understand why thy don't just add an upload hosted content button in iTunes Connect. Maybe Application Loader does some validation they don't want to do server-side.

Here's my workaround...

Notice that whenever you go to the "Delivery" tab it has you save a local copy of all your IAP state. By default it saves to Documents/Application Loader/Packages/<app SKU>. Rather than pulling down all your current IAP state from iTunes Connect (which is currently failing) you can load that local copy of your IAP state. In the Template Chooser screen you should find it in "Open Recent", otherwise "Import".

The downside to using this local copy is it won't have any recent changes you've made in iTunes Connect since that last time you uploaded from Application Loader. So be careful you don't overwrite recent changes with old values.

Also, if the last thing you did was upload hosted content for another IAP then that hosted content package will still be there in the local state. You need to remove it, otherwise you'll get an error when you upload that you're uploading a hosted content package with the same version number of the package that's already uploaded. To remove that hosted content package select the IAP, select the "Hosted Content" tab, then uncheck and re-check "Hosted Content with Apple". That will clear the hosted content package for that IAP so that it doesn't try to re-upload.

For your new IAP select Add (if the IAP is not already there) then fill in all the fields (copied over from iTunes Connect if you've already created it there), add your hosted content package, and deliver it.

I made a phone call yesterday and operator said that they did not receive any similar issues. This is very strange. I am sure a lot of developers have already complained about it. So they sent me an e-mail asking to describe the problem step by step. I also linked this thread to my answer and asked them (by phone) to solve this problem as soon as possible. Waiting for reply.

Hi,

I contacted them on Monday via the iTunes Connect support page and haven't got any answer yet.

This is pretty worrying !

Mathieu.

I found that my Provisioning Profile had expired. I fixed that, but still had to exit Xcode and reboot the computer before it would start working again.

I got a response:

Thank you for replying with additional information about the issue you are experiencing with Application Loader.

I have created a ticket for our engineering team and will reach out to you as soon as I have additional information.

If you have any additional questions or concerns please reply to this email. You can also contact me directly through the number below.