mac app id do not have the key APP Group

1.I am applying for APP ID I found some difference between OSX and iOS

in iOS it has the key of APP Groups but in OSX do not have the key of APP Group

2. When I put the Mac Client submitted to the app store It returns error message

value com.test.group for key com.apple.security.application-groups is not supported.

3.When I was in the iOS client handle data interaction between app and appex i use the key of APP Group

but I am on a MAC client, said the key value is not supported on macOS

that MAC app and data interaction between appex should now how to deal with?

anyone can help me?Thank you very much.

Accepted Reply

1. I am applying for APP ID I found some difference between OSX and iOS in iOS it has the key of APP Groups but in OSX do not have the key of APP Group

I’m having a hard time parsing your text, but I believe you’re referring to the app group prefix here. And yes, there is a difference: on macOS the app group identifier is prefixed by the the Team ID, whereas that’s not the case on iOS. For example, here’s what I see when I dump the entitlements of my macOS test app:

$ codesign -d --entitlements :- build/Debug/QNEPacketTunnel.app
…
<dict>
    …
    <key>com.apple.security.application-groups</key>
    <array>
        <string>VR9NTVC6BB.com.example.apple-samplecode.QNE-macOS</string>
    </array>
</dict>
</plist>

And here’s the output for the iOS version of that app:

$ codesign -d --entitlements :- build/Debug-iphoneos/QNEPacketTunnel.app
…
<dict>
    …
    <array>
        <string>group.com.example.apple-samplecode.QNE-iOS</string>
    </array>
    …
</dict>
</plist>

2. When I put the Mac Client submitted to the app store It returns error message value com.test.group for key com.apple.security.application-groups is not supported.

It’s hard to say what’s going on here without more details of your specific app. My general advice when you’re having entitlement issues is to run through the steps in Technote 2415 Entitlements Troubleshooting

3. When I was in the iOS client handle data interaction between app and appex i use the key of APP Group but I am on a MAC client, said the key value is not supported on macOS that MAC app and data interaction between appex should now how to deal with?

Both macOS and iOS support app groups, you just have to get the identifiers, and their associated entitlements, correct. I recommend you do that first and then move on to dealing with the API side of this.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Replies

1. I am applying for APP ID I found some difference between OSX and iOS in iOS it has the key of APP Groups but in OSX do not have the key of APP Group

I’m having a hard time parsing your text, but I believe you’re referring to the app group prefix here. And yes, there is a difference: on macOS the app group identifier is prefixed by the the Team ID, whereas that’s not the case on iOS. For example, here’s what I see when I dump the entitlements of my macOS test app:

$ codesign -d --entitlements :- build/Debug/QNEPacketTunnel.app
…
<dict>
    …
    <array>
        <string>VR9NTVC6BB.com.example.apple-samplecode.QNE-macOS</string>
    </array>
</dict>
</plist>

And here’s the output for the iOS version of that app:

$ codesign -d --entitlements :- build/Debug-iphoneos/QNEPacketTunnel.app
…
<dict>
    …
    <array>
        <string>group.com.example.apple-samplecode.QNE-iOS</string>
    </array>
    …
</dict>
</plist>

2. When I put the Mac Client submitted to the app store It returns error message value com.test.group for key com.apple.security.application-groups is not supported.

It’s hard to say what’s going on here without more details of your specific app. My general advice when you’re having entitlement issues is to run through the steps in Technote 2415 Entitlements Troubleshooting

3. When I was in the iOS client handle data interaction between app and appex i use the key of APP Group but I am on a MAC client, said the key value is not supported on macOS that MAC app and data interaction between appex should now how to deal with?

Both macOS and iOS support app groups, you just have to get the identifiers, and their associated entitlements, correct. I recommend you do that first and then move on to dealing with the API side of this.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

Thank you very much

Every time you can solve my problem

But When my Mac client stores to the APP Store , my own computer to open the Tunnel is right , and this Tunnel can be intercepted packets correctly. But my colleague after download, although opened the Tunnel, but seemed to call this method

setTunnelNetworkSettings

make a mistake, lead to includedRoutes cannot be accurately set to PacketTunnel, although due to Tunnel is opened, but data cannot be intercepted.

I wonder whether my computer installed before. A good TunnelExtension appex, so there is the cache or something like that.Every time when I was in debugging Mac TunnelExtension cannot correct empty TunnelExtenion.appex cache, Xcode sometimes can not correctly installed or refresh app extension, I don't know how use PlugIns to clearing TunnelExtension.appex cache.

If you can help me it's very honored to.

I’m not sure I fully understand your question so I’m going to point you at this post and its follow-up, which have my general advice on this topic.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”