App not responding when using UIDocumentPickerViewController to access iCloud Drive

I am using UIDocumentMenuViewController to allow the user to select the type of cloud service where they want to save a file generated in my app. When the user picks iCloud Drive as a destination, the UIDocumentPickerViewController is shown with a spinning wheel in the middle and after approx. 30 seconds dismisses without performing any action. Tested with two devices, same problem appears on iPhone 6+ and iPad Pro. Simulator works fine. If the user selects another service (OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox), everything also works fine.

iCloud Drive is allowed on the device and the problem does not repro on a simulator. iCloud Drive app works normally on these devices. xCode 8.3, iOS 10.3 beta3 both. I tried wifi on and off, no difference. No message in the xCode debug window when this happens. Reproduces every time.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mirek

Edit: Looks like I can repro the same problem if I try to export image from Photos app.

Replies

Unfortunately I don't know what might be causing the issue you're seeing. What I'd recommend is to get a sysdiagnose from one of the devices that's showing this issue and file a bug report so that we can take a look at what's going on. You can get the debug profile and instructions for how to gather a sysdiagnose from here:

https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/?platform=ios&name=sysdiagnose

I'd suggest grabbing the sysdiagnose in the middle of the hang. If you can post the bug number I'll see if I can get it looked at to get some insight into what might be going on.

Thanks,

much appreciated. The bug # is 30670398