iOS 10 Error on Submit

Just tried to upload our app and got the following errors:

This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSCalendarsUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSBluetoothPeripheralUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

Just started getting this with the GM Seed and no prior versions. Note that we're not accessing the Calendar, Photo Library, or Bluetooth, so am very confused.

I've also verified we're not linking to the EventKit, EventKitU, Photos, PhotosUI, or to the CoreBluetooth frameworks.

Anyone else seeing this?

rob.

Accepted Reply

Starting with iOS 10, purpose strings are required for access to any protected class of data from within your app, including usage of those protected data classes by any 3rd party library your app uses. If you are receiving a message about a missing purpose string for a data class you don't recognize, consult with your 3rd party library vendors about their usage of that protected data class.

For more detailed information, consult the following resources:

Replies

Same here. Still rejected.

Usage of which classes raises requirement for specifying NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key in Info.plist?

I'm not accessing photos library in my app, so I don't want to ask user for permission. Instead I'd like to edit certain unused part of code that causes trouble, most likely in one of 3rd party libraries I'm using.

The classes requiring usage descriptions is documented in QA 1937.

After adding the folling details into the plist also still its crashes for me, i am using Xcode 8.2.1

<key>NSCalendarsUsageDescription</key>

<string>Some ad content may access calendar</string>

<key>NSRemindersUsageDescription</key>

<string>Some ad content may access reminder</string>

Any help ????

Can you share the crash log?