MacBook keeps restarting after 10.12.4 (16E154a) update. Anyone else seeing this?

MacBook keeps restarting after 10.12.4 (16E154a) update. Anyone else seeing this?

Replies

Thanks!🙂 This worked for me! My Mac is Mid2014 Mac BookPro and also had Kaspersky. Reading the error message carefully it said

com.kaspersky.kext.klif(3.4.2) seems to have unsolved dependency "com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily(2.1)". Thanks!

Thanks a bunch! 🙂

It worked perfectly and the install managed to reach its end.

Everything working now.

Thanx again!

I think it could be a Kaspersky issue, ask also get the same or similar issue, with a kernel panic and com.kaspersky showing up...!

i am testIng this beta update on an external ssd drive, running MBP mid 2014, and even after reformatting and building a brand new machine with only the OS and Kaspersky...the same happens immediately after the update, when rebooting.

Looping on reboot, with kernel panic over and over. Kaspersky is unfortunately knows to generate such issues, like with Postbox version 5, where no resolution was found to date, but now it seems that it also happen with OS updates?

if anyone get any update on the issue, I would appreciate your feedback.

Happy computing to all!

Nicely done! This was indeed it. I manually deleted the klif.kext file in /Library/Extensions/ without Terminal, then did a full uninstall of Kasperky and the problem was solved — the 10.12.4 b2 installed without incident on three machines, 2016 5K iMac 27, 2011 iMac 27 and 2012 MBP Retina. All's well. Thanks again!

Jus stating the obvious but I have exactly the same problem with pblic beta 2 and 3

Cheers,,

Kalle

Thanks! I couldn't even find the file via Terminal – but there it was: klif.kext

Everything working. Thanks a lot!

I had to do the same as Jerome@LA

I faced the same problem twice after updating. Later I deleted kaspersky and install another antivirus. Then I updated again beta 5 version and everything is now ok. Probably, it is an kaspersky issue.

jUST INSTALLED 10.12.5 updater and still no joy the same kernel panic issue which Apple actually admits to solving and acknowledging is caused by their own mistake! I love how its the last issue fixed when its the most important one.... AND MY MAC MINI MID 2011 is still restarting!

About the macOS Sierra 10.12.5 Update

This update is recommended for all macOS Sierra users.

The macOS Sierra 10.12.5 Update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, and is recommended for all users.

This update:

• Fixes an issue where audio may stutter when played through USB headphones.
  • Enhances compatibility of the Mac App Store with future software updates.
  • Adds support for media-free installation of Windows 10 Creators Update using Boot Camp.
  • Adds support for more digital camera RAW formats.
  • Resolves an issue, affecting some enterprise and education customers, that may cause the system date to be set to the year 2040.
  • Prevents a potential kernel panic when starting up from a NetInstall image. This fix is available when starting up from a NetInstall image created from the macOS 10.12.5 installer.