Triggering a notification at a specific date in Swift 3

I have been trying to activiate local notifications in Swift where a notification is sent to the user at the start of the month. I have looked it up in different forums but they just give code. The problem is how exactly the code must be used. I am a newbie in swift. Please help and explain the solution in detail.

Thanks

Accepted Reply

I think you should start by looking at the Local and Remote Notification Programming Guide. Its Scheduling and Handling Local Notifications section shows how to schedule a notification for 07:00, and it should be relatively straightforward to generalise from there.

If you have problems understanding that code, please feel free to post back with specific questions.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Replies

I think you should start by looking at the Local and Remote Notification Programming Guide. Its Scheduling and Handling Local Notifications section shows how to schedule a notification for 07:00, and it should be relatively straightforward to generalise from there.

If you have problems understanding that code, please feel free to post back with specific questions.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

I saw the documentation and tried implementing it but no luck. I got no result. One question, how do I modify the datecomponents object for what I want to do. I would prefer a more datailed answer.

Thanks

It worked!!! Thanks eskimo. Your suggestion worked. Hurray!!!