Getting a SIGSTOP Error in Tutorial

Hi --

Admittedly, I am very new to learning how to use Xcode, but I successful built beyond this point previously.

I just upgraded to a new system, and decided to rebuild the tutorial, for extra practice on my new machine.

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/referencelibrary/GettingStarted/DevelopiOSAppsSwift/

I have gotten to the part where I need to go into my info.plist to add the Privacy - Photo Library Usage Description, but a couple things are different this time. I'm getting a " Thread 1: signal SIGSTOP" error as opposed to the SIGABRT error, and adding the privacy line is not solving the problem.

When I click on the image, it does nothing, and I can't understand if it's a setting in the simulator that I need to adjust or an error in the code. (I already was troubleshooting the simulator defaulting to the hardware keyboard as opposed to simulated slide up one in the view.)

If anyone could provide me with some assistance it would be greatly appreciated. I've looked over the code, line-by-line a few times and can't see anything that appears to be incorrect.

Thank you!

Replies

Use Xcode's Product menu, then, with the option key pressed, select 'Clean Build Folder'. Confirm no errors in the navigator and go again.

Still no joy, might be you've hit that part of the foodtracker tutorial rumored to be borked.

Good luck.

I don’t think this is related to your privacy usage string. To test this I did the following:

1. I downloaded the final version of the code.

2. I removed the privacy entry from the

Info.plist
  3. I ran the app and tried to access photos.

4. It crashed with a

SIGABRT
  5. In the Xcode console (View > Debug Area > Activate Console) I see a clear message about the missing privacy string.

2017-02-09 09:20:22.589754 FoodTracker[13158:1131326] [access] This app has crashed because it attempted to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

SIGSTOP
is a relatively unusual signal to stop with. If you look at the backtrace of the stopped thread ( View > Navigators > Debug Navigator), what do you see?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hi Quinn!

I did more research last night and found a solve for the Tap Gesture Recognizer not responding to my click. It appears the ImageView "interaction" in the attributes inspector defaults to an inactive status. Once I checked "User Interaction Enabled" it started working.

It now is, seemingly, running properly in the simulator, but I'm still encountering the SIGSTOP error.

This is the message in my console:

objc[12830]: Class PLBuildVersion is implemented in both .../Xcode.app/.../AssetsLibraryServices (0x1140e2998) and .../Xcode.app/.../PhotoLibraryServices.framework/PhotoLibraryServices (0x112fcd880). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

2017-02-08 22:31:03.285948 Tracking App[12830:799450] [Generic] Creating an image format with an unknown type is an error

2017-02-08 22:31:10.317821 Tracking App[12830:799450] [Generic] Creating an image format with an unknown type is an error

*Note: Removed some of the file path from the objc[12830] message.

Thank you for your assistance!

K

I'm still encountering the SIGSTOP error.

Please try to get a backtrace when it stops like this.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"