MacBook keeps restarting after 10.12.4 (16E154a) update. Anyone else seeing this?

MacBook keeps restarting after 10.12.4 (16E154a) update. Anyone else seeing this?

Replies

yes - my system is kernel panicing after each sign in.

Me too. 2012 iMac and 2011 Mac Mini.

Same here, 5K iMac 27. Did a cmd-R system restore to 10.12.3, booted fine with issues, like Mail wouldn't run. Tried the update again, exactly the same result: Kernel panic and constant reboots. Downloaded both the delta and combo 10.12.4 b2 standalone installers, both installs failed with an error that components in the installers were missing. Currently running on a CCC backup on an external USB 3 drive.

That's because you didn't follow the instructions for manual installation in the thread https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/72080

Basically there are 2 ways to install manually from the packages.

First way is to start the update via mac app store, move packages into the appropriate folder as specified in that thread, reboot, go back to mac app store and install. This enables you to skip the download via mac app store as well as making it easier to install onto multiple macs.

The second method, i.e., just running the packages individually, won't work in sierra because sierra stops you from doing that. That is why you got the error message. Workaround is to boot the computer from a separate el capitan partition and install the packages from there, carefully selecting the sierra partition on which to install.

Not sure if manual installation will solve the kernel panics however.

Thanks much — I did indeed miss the manual installation instructions. As you noted, since it may not solve the kernel panic issue, I'll wait to see what else surfaces re solutions to the problem.

I have installed the beta 2 now. I did it manually and did not get the kernel panic.

That doesn't necessarily mean manual installation solved the kernel panic.

Some possibilities are:

1. I was lucky that this particular beta works nicely with my mac (2011 MBA), but not some other macs.

2. You might have some third party apps conflicting with this beta - which I don't have.

3. Manual installation may indeed fix the kernel panic.

I also was hit with the constant restarting and kernel panics on my rMBP 2015.

I reinstalled 10.12.3 and am running on that now except for Mail, but I can still access my mail accounts fine on my iPad and iPhone.

I will try the manual install tomorrow.

Yes mine did too.Constant restarts with kernel panics. I restored the OS from recovery but couldn't open mail so I re-installed the update but got the same kernel panic again. Mid 2012 Macbook Pro Retina. I finally restored from time machine back to 10.12.3 beta. Guess I'll wait and see if someone has some insight before I try again

I've got the same one. iMac Late 2012. Error screen told about klif.kaspersky.com kext though I don't have any Kaspersky products onboard.

That's interesting. I have Kaspersky installed. I wonder if that is causing the issue

No luck — did a manual install — same thing. This may be significant: With all install attempts, I noticed that the first install progress bar moves normally until it gets about 3/4 of the way then immediately jumps to the end before rebooting. If you blink, you'll miss it. Looks like the install itself is failing. I'm really surprised that, aside from this thread, there is pretty much nothing out there with similar reports.

Restored to 10.12.3 and tried removing Kaspersky from my MacBook Pro 2015 before updating. Installed the MacOS 10.12.4 beta 2 again and still getting the same problem. Looks like it's not a Kaspersky compatibility issue. Returning now to 10.12.3 and will be waiting for some new info on this problem.

Same problem here. Macbook Pro Late 2013. Also tried the manual install, still the same error.

I too am experiencing a crash everytime I wake from sleep on my imac using 10.12.4 (16E154a).

At first I thought it was due to my apple watch waking the imac but its not.

I had the same problem and tried restoring to 10.12.3 and removing Kaspersky. But when booting after update to 10.12.4 Beta 2 (16E154a) there was still a kernel panic caused by com.kaspersky.kext.klif . After searching for a reason I found a possibility which fixed this issue for me:

1. Boot into Recovery Mode (CMD + R on boot)

2. Start Terminal

3. cd /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Library/Extensions

4. rm -r klif.kext

After this my Macbook booted normally without any problem.