Failed to find the primary plugin on Sierra

Hi,

I am building the vpn app for macOS by using Packet Tunnel Provider, and the configuration profile is imported via installing. I got the error "Failed to find the primary plugin" once I try to connect the vpn on macOS Sierra. But It works fine on EI Capitan.

I follow this post to check one by one, the error persist even I reinstall Sierra, and even I’ve also specified the providerBundleIdentifier property in NETunnelProviderProtocol object.

Thanks!

Replies

Have you see this post?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Sure, I have mentioned it in my post above. But it is works fine on OS X EI Capitan, not works on macOS Sierra, the error persist even I reinstall Sierra, and even I’ve also specified the providerBundleIdentifier property in NETunnelProviderProtocol object.

Hi Eskimo, Please let me know if you have any updates on this. To confirm, I have followed the post you have linked above and validated that all the steps are being followed as they are described.

The VPN plugin works in El Capitan but not in macOS Sierra. Is there something additional I need to do for it?

Thanks

Please let me know if you have any updates on this.

I don’t have any obvious next steps. If you need one-to-one help you with, you should open a DTS tech support incident and we can pick things up in that context.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

Hi Eskimo,

We have opened a DTS ticket, it is 659368767.

Thanks

I don’t have any obvious next steps.

Well, it took a lot of digging but I finally worked out what’s going wrong in this case. I’ve added a discussion of the issue here.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”