Disable auto-indent of properties and methods

Hi there,

I just started working on XCode 8, as I suppose a lot of others have done too ... Problem is that it now auto-indent my Objective C class properties and methods. This is all fine and dandy, but I am used to the previous way of doing things, and a lot of example code out there also works that way. I find this new auto-indent a bit too eager and want to switch it off, while retaining the 'usual' indenting on curly braces as before. How do I do this?

TIA

MG

Replies

Well ... maybe I just needed to reboot the newly installed Xcode.

Yesterday it was extremely annoying due to the problem I encountered but today it simply went away.

I had to rub my eyes and go back to some code I created yesterday to convince myself it was not just a dream. I have not updated Xcode or made any configuration changes, but, voila, today it is indenting correctly. I have a sample of code to prove it, which I've pasted in here, but the message got lost through the formatting this applies. So you just have to believe me ...

I ran into this same issue today. Whenever I entered a new Objective-C property or a new method, Xcode would indent it. This is new and different behavior from what I experienced over the past 8 years. After I quit Xcode and restarted it, Xcode no longer indented new properties and methods that I entered. This much just be a bug in Xcode.

Did you go to Xcode/Prefs/Text Editing/Indentation and deselect/disable auto?