SecKeyRawSign not returning System Cancel Error when device is locked or Home Button is pressed.

On iOS 9, my app is prompting user for Touch ID authentication before using Private key (saved on Secure Enclave, protected by Biometrics) to sign data. But SecKeyRawSign is returning incorrect status (AUTH FAILED) when user locks the device (without any attempt to autheticate) while Touch ID prompt is displayed. It should be SYSTEM CANCELLED analogus to LAContext.evaluatePolicy error message. This seems to be defect in SecKeyRawSign implementation. Anyone else seen this issue?

Issue can be reproduced using Apple's Keychain Touch ID example.

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/samplecode/KeychainTouchID/Introduction/Intro.html

Replies

Please file a bug report about this and then post your bug number here, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Thanks Eskimo.

Filed Bug

Did you hear anything from Apple about the fix on this bug. I am having the same problem in our implementation. Any suggestion to fix this bug is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nothing yet. Defect is still open and I see same issue in iOS 10.2.1.

Defect is still open and I see same issue in iOS 10.2.1.

What was your bug number? I followed the chain from iOS_Samurai’s bug number (r. 24745809) and it lead to a Behaves Correctly response, so I’m curious if you report went elsewhere.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"