Warning message from UIPopover

From the navigation bar's button I start an UIAlertController with the style UIAlertControllerStyleActionSheet. When I touch on one of the choices I get the following message:

[Warning] <_UIPopoverBackgroundVisualEffectView 0x7fe07a420080> is being asked to animate its opacity. This will cause the effect to appear broken until opacity returns to 1.

This message only appears when the controller is closed for the first time. Afterwards, the message does not appear anymore. What is the meaning of this message? I am not explicitely controlling the drawing behaviour (opacity) of the UIAlertController at all nor do I do any other layouting or animations with it.

Regards,

Hartwig

Replies

Hi Hartwig,

did you ever solve this? I am getting the exact same warning and I too am not overriding any drawing behavior and am also getting this message on close...

Cheers,

Rudy

Edit: I am running iOS 10 beta 5 and XCode 8 beta 5

No, seems to be a bug in iOS. But it does not seem to be critical. Though - I believe - that sometimes the area below the UIAlertController is not correctly drawn. I can see for a short period of time a black background flashing although the background of the underlying view is not black.

Regards,

Hartwig

The only option for me to solve this is to remove the animation from the popover seque and from the self.dismiss (if you are dismissing the popover programmatically).