IOS 10.3 all betas audio phone call not routed to bluetooth. Solved with IOS 10.3.3

With iOS 10.3 a bluetooth issue is present (again) where the audio of phone calls is not routed to the bluetooth device. When setting up a call from the bluetooth device iPhone shows that audio is routed to the iPhone itself in stead of bluetooth device. Microphone and speaker of iPhone are used. Audio of phone calls is routed to bluetooth device only if manually switched from iPhone to bluetooth device

Issue: Music audio is routed correctly but audio of phone calls has to be switched always manually to the bluetooth device in a BMW with infotainment version MN/TN 003.013.001

Tried but doesn't fix:

• Change setting "Call Audio Routing" from automatically to Bluetooth
  • Restart the iPhone
  • Forget and repair the devices .
  • Reset Network Settings

Problem was not present with IOS 10.2 and 10.2.1

All 10.3 betas

• problem was introduced with IOS 10.3 beta 1
  • Update: problem still exists with IOS 10.3 beta 2
  • Update: problem still exists with IOS 10.3 beta 3
  • Update: problem still exists with IOS 10.3 beta 4
  • Update: problem still exists with IOS 10.3 beta 5
  • Update: problem still exists with IOS 10.3 beta 6
  • Update: problem still exists with IOS 10.3 beta 7
  • Update: problem still exists with IOS 10.3.1
  • Update: problem still exists with IOS 10.3.2

Beta 10.3.3

Update: problem is solved with IOS 10.3.3 beta 1

With every new release of IOS bluetooth issues are a recurring issue. It seems there is a major issue with the bluetooth libraries Apple is using during development. 😕

A special note to the Apple Bluetooth team:

I don't know what the Apple Bluetooth team has fixed regarding Bluetooth with IOS 10.3.3 beta 1 but please keep your utmost focus on future IOS releases since handsfree calling is a safety feature and should never be compromised.

Replies

I actually was getting this issue with 10.2.1. I updated to the beta in hopes that it would be fixed... Hopefully they will address this soon. Very frustrating.

Today Apple pushed firmware 3.5.1. This seems to have fixed the audio routing issue.

(I've found I have the opposited problem - audio won't play through the lightning port to my car but works fine via Bluetooth.)

I have a similar problem, when the call is incoming the audio is not redirect to bt handsfree. But when I call works fine.

I select automatic audio dirección and bt auricular but not worK..

Is there a chance your bluetooth routing settings have been switched from Automatic to Speaker? (General->Accessibility->Call Audio Routing)

i've got exactly the same problem.

waiting on IOS 10.4

THe same issue, but only with iPhone6, 6S is OK.

I tried with Apple Watch and without but the same issue.

NO problem with Kia Sportage, but big problem with BMW X5 F15(2015).

ios 10.3.1 did not solve that.

I also have the same problem on BMW X5 F15.

Outgoing calls routed to the phone or 'bluetooth headset' (the car) randomly. Incomming calls are all routed to the car.

If the outgoing call audio is routed to the phone, the accessing control center will allow the car to be selected. But In the UK its is illegal to touch your phone while driving, so great if someone else is in the car...

I have also tried

• Change setting "Call Audio Routing" from automatically to Bluetooth (and back again)
  • Restart the iPhone
  • Forget and repair the devices .
  • Reset Network Settings

Maybe Apple could listen to Beta testers and if they decide that an issue is not theirs (ie BMW bluetooth firmware), then at least publish a list of known devices the IOS release will break....

I'm getting mad with this problem!

I tried with two iPhone 6s Plus.

it started with 10.3.1 FINAL and the call stays on the phone!

Also, Waze blutooth voice does not work anymore (it gets stuck).

BMW X5 F15 2014.

Media and Phone Software 003.009.004

At first I'm sorry for my English,

I have similar problem. Although audio connection with my BMW X3 works properly but it is only one thing working via bluetooth. Using my car I can't acces to the phone book, call list and messages, searching contact. Of course, everything was ok on previous ios. I'm not sure, but I suppose that also youtube streaming has been stopped.
BMW X3 (f25) late 2012, Media and Phone Software (Bluetooth): TX-003.005.008-003.004,
Iphone 6, ios 10.3.2 beta 3

HELP!!

Same problem with 2014 BMW 530D GT with iPhone SE and iPhone 6S. Both devices worked perfectly well before IOS 10.3.

This topic is also being discussed in german BMW communities so obviously there is a major problem with IOS > 10.3 and the BMW bluetooth phone connectivity.

I already called the BMW bluetooth hotline in Munich but unfortunately BMW doesn't seem to be aware of any issues with IOS 10.3. So I guess we have to rely on Apple to fix this issue soon !!

From iOS 10.3 there is an issue where the iPhone suddenly refuses to deliver audio through the earpiece (you can't hear phone calls, speaker not working, earpiece not working), only delivering audio when the speakerphone option is turned on, or an issue where no audio is delivered through headphones or the Apple stereo headset, the problem appears to be that the iPhone "forgets" which mode it is in, erroneously thinking that it should still send audio through the audio jack instead of the earpiece.

I fix it when I press the speaker button on/off.

It seems to be the same problem that iphone 4s hit in 2011.

Hi ebmns,

same issue (Issue: Music audio is routed correctly but audio of phone calls has to be switched always manually to the bluetooth device) for me, I have a F32 with Navi professional and newest software.

I also tried all you listed above, nothing helped, I contacted BMW no success, it is really really frustrating, why does BMW not test the new Apple software revisions and give feedback to Apple?

kind regards

Frank

Confirming the issue.

Everything was working fine until I had to leave the car while I had an ongoing call, I changed sound device to handset instead of bluetooth Since then, whenever I make a call, it starts out showing that it is connected to BMW, but as soon as the call initiates, it switches to the handset again.
However, it seems that it works as expected when I receive a call.
Have tried to swap the default incomming call devices around between automatic, bluetooth etc to no avail.3.

Currently on:

IOS v10.3.1

MN 002.255.071

TN 002.255.070

b