Kernel Extensions code doesn't work verbatim as provided

Replies

It’s hard to tell from the links you’ve posted what tutorial you’re following here. My best guess, looking at your screen shot, is that there’s a problems with with

OSDeclareDefaultStructors
(in your header) or
OSDefineMetaClassAndStructors
(in your implementation file). For an example of how to do this, check out the AppleSamplePCI sample code.

Note You’ll need to delete the

AppleSamplePCI_10.8
target because it depends on an ancient SDK.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hi eskimo,

I got the following error when I try to run AppleSamplePCI:

Signing for "AppleSamplePCI" requires a development time. Select a development team in the project editor."

What can I do to remove this error so I can build the project?

You have to do what the error says, that is, enable code signing for that target in the project editor.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37806538/code-signing-is-required-for-product-type-application-in-sdk-ios-10-0-stic

I followed the instructions in the link above and couldn't find the appropriate check box in the AppleSamplePCI project file. What should I do?

This is what I saw:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz9zmk2v1ZhLT2JuYlRqS2NiT00/view?usp=sharing

Please let me know what you think is the right steps. Thanks!

On modern versions of Xcode, code signing is set up in the Signing section of the General tab of the target editor, which you get to by clicking the project itself in the project navigator (View > Navigators > Show Project Navigator) and then selecting the target from the list on the left of the editor.

Keep in mind that KEXTs are signed with a Developer ID, so you’ll need to turn off Automatically manage signing and then select your team from the Team popup and Developer ID from the Signing Certificate popup.

Also keep in mind that KEXTs must be signed with a Developer ID that’s specifically enabled for KEXT development. You can find more information about this here.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”